• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like JPP could have used one more year with a DI weightlifting program

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

now take into consideration that he never had a full year with a DI S&C coach but dang I heard he only did 19 reps @ 225 on the bench. Come on son

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

the guy is about to be a top 10 pick and make more the day he signs his first contract then you will in your lifetime. son.

the guy is about to be a top 10 pick and make more the day he signs his first contract then you will in your lifetime. son.

ouch you hurt me with that one that was a good one. No really that really hurt. I mean what will i do with my life now that you said that to me.

He's not a top ten pick first round yes top ten no but Adams went in the top ten so maybe.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

ouch you hurt me with that one that was a good one. No really that really hurt. I mean what will i do with my life now that you said that to me.

He's not a top ten pick first round yes top ten no but Adams went in the top ten so maybe.

He is a top 10 pick, maybe top 5..... And why do you have to be such an *******. The kid is about to live his dream and you are belittling him. The kid is giving our program alot of press. Stop being such a hater.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  424

And why do you have to be such an *******.

Oh, the sweet irony ....  :D

• Content Count:  1,400

now take into consideration that he never had a full year with a DI S&C coach but dang I heard he only did 19 reps @ 225 on the bench. Come on son

Dosent look like its hurting him one bit in the combine

He is a top 10 pick, maybe top 5..... And why do you have to be such an *******. The kid is about to live his dream and you are belittling him. The kid is giving our program alot of press. Stop being such a hater.

belittling is saying come on son (pick it up) wow you have alot to learn  ::)

• Content Count:  640

And why do you have to be such an *******.

Oh, the sweet irony ....   :D

zing!

Doesn't look like its hurting him one bit in the combine

never said it was just that maybe a full year with a DI S&C would have helped. I think we can all agree that 19 reps is low for a DE. We can all see that his is a freak and just think if he had some serious weight training not a JUCO S&C coach but a top notch one. Remember he did not get into camp early enough to work out with the team during the summer.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

JPP is a physical freak and the combine is a place for a player with his physical abilities.  The film room is where the negatives lie with this kind of prospect but technique can always been improved upon.  A player like JPP is always better when they go to a team where they can be just a situational guy at first and have a good veteran DE To learn from.  He's a kid you want to have a couple of years to get his upper body strength improved, coach up his technique, and most of all just get him snaps and experience without throwing him to the wolves figuratively.  Hes a kid with an unlimited ceiling but he may not explode on to the scene do to his limited upper body strength and being so raw.  You also have to remember that JPP is not going to fit as a 3-4 OLB so you can cross those teams off the list (KC, Cle, Buffalo etc).  I see him as a mid first round  guy just because he doesn't strike me ass a "can't miss" DE prospect.  If he's properly developed look out he could be a very good player for a very long time.  

Archived