• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wolfpack WR Bowens seeks transfer to USF

Stier

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,079
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not 100 % sure about this but I believe it was Barry Sanders who called it " running scared". You run much faster when you are being chased and in a game. I grew up a huge 49ers fan and the reason was because i idolized Jerry Rice, who was considered a slow wide reciever due to his 40 time. But his knowledge of the game and route running ability made him the greatest wide reciever of all time. Hell he turned a 10 yard slant on Deion Sanders into a 80 yard touchdown with Deion left in the dust, and last I checked Deion had "decent" speed (lol). It's all getting that initial separation and then running for you life cause you don't want to get hit by bigger dudes.

Randy Moss on the other hand shows what pure speed and athleticism can do for a wideout.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Sooooo what happened to this kid?

Is he transferring or what?

• Content Count:  1,251

yeh we are desperate for him now

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It looks that way, but nothing certain. He needs to finish up his academics and get accepted into USF. Greg mentioned him in his chat the other day.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Here is the chat transcript regarding that:

1:09  [Comment From Bull FanBull Fan: ]

Does it look promising for Donald Bowens to join USF on scholarship this fall now that there are scholly's available and does it look like he will get in for grad school? 

Thursday April 15, 2010 1:09 Bull Fan

1:10  Bowens wraps up his degree at N.C. State in early May, and USF is working on getting him into a graduate program, which would allow him to come in and play his final year this fall. I don't know that they're committed to him being worth a scholarship yet -- he's coming back from major injuries, but Holtz has indicated he doesn't like his depth at receiver, and this is a good quick-fix to help this fall. Bowens wants very much to be at USF, and I'm sure you'll see a couple more scholarships open up between now and August. My guess right now would be that he's in a Bulls uniform this fall. 

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/04/come-chat-with-me-talk-usf-athletics-at-1230.html

• Content Count:  1,251

Here is the chat transcript regarding that:

1:09  [Comment From Bull FanBull Fan: ]

Does it look promising for Donald Bowens to join USF on scholarship this fall now that there are scholly's available and does it look like he will get in for grad school? 

Thursday April 15, 2010 1:09 Bull Fan

1:10  Bowens wraps up his degree at N.C. State in early May, and USF is working on getting him into a graduate program, which would allow him to come in and play his final year this fall. I don't know that they're committed to him being worth a scholarship yet -- he's coming back from major injuries, but Holtz has indicated he doesn't like his depth at receiver, and this is a good quick-fix to help this fall. Bowens wants very much to be at USF, and I'm sure you'll see a couple more scholarships open up between now and August. My guess right now would be that he's in a Bulls uniform this fall. 

i really hope all the pieces fall into place

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/04/come-chat-with-me-talk-usf-athletics-at-1230.html

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

yeh we are desperate for him now

I wouldn't say desperate at all.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

A definite need

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i would pass

• Content Count:  21,335
  • Days Won:  10

i would pass

Why?  How many times have you watched this kid play?  What are his stats?

Archived