• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz coming up on BBall game...right now ESPN U

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Football > Basketball

sorry folks its true. Basketball is great, but football is a whole other level

I love it when people state their opinions as fact...

umm...that is a fact.

maybe not on an individual basis but when you look at amount of money that goes towards football vs basketball on ANY level....peewee vs yba...in high school...in college.....

amount of pro athletes that come from florida in each sport its gotta be 100 to 1. 

Florida is a football state. 

Baseball is a lot bigger than basketball on the amature level in Florida than basketball is....

so do you need links from articles or something?

Actually, look at basketball worldwide.  More people on the face of planet Earth play basketball than (American) football.  The only type of football that is more popular than basketball is a sport we call soccer.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Football > Basketball

umm...that is a fact.

maybe not on an individual basis but when you look at amount of money that goes towards football vs basketball on ANY level....peewee vs yba...in high school...in college.....

amount of pro athletes that come from florida in each sport its gotta be 100 to 1. 

Baseball is a lot bigger than basketball on the amature level in Florida than basketball is....

What does the amount of athletes coming from FL have to do with one sport being "greater" than another??  You do realize that there is a whole country outside the state of Florida right?  Yes I want a link that states football is better than basketball as a "fact" as you stated.    Have you ever left the Southeast??  There's a whole world out there son.  See it. 

Wow.  I think you're getting your arguments mixed up.  No one saying that football is greater than basketball, now yes, THAT would be an opinion being stated as fact.  What it seems these guys are trying to say that is that football is BIGGER in Florida than basketball.  That's not opinion, that is FACT.  Matt's points are dead on when talking about the money involved, football rakes in a heck of a lot more.  Football is definitely more popular in Florida, and I don't see how that can be disputed.  Just settle down and think about what is being said, and I think you'll see that no one is really putting down basketball.  We're all proud of our Bulls MBB team and what they are doing this year. 

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Football > Basketball

umm...that is a fact.

Actually, look at basketball worldwide.  More people on the face of planet Earth play basketball than (American) football.  The only type of football that is more popular than basketball is a sport we call soccer.

The posters you are attempting to rebut have not mentioned anything other than football's prominence in FL.  It would be a moot point to make any other case outside of the South, much less the rest of the world. 

• Content Count:  7,048
  • Days Won:  11

Football > Basketball

umm...that is a fact.

The posters you are attempting to rebut have not mentioned anything other than football's prominence in FL.  It would be a moot point to make any other case outside of the South, much less the rest of the world. 

some people don't like to be wrong  ;D

• Content Count:  5,241

Alright you politically correct anal retentive people,

Football > Basketball in the USA.

Superbowl is the most watched sporting event.

Football brings in more money then the other sports.

Heres your link:

www.commonesensethatFootball > Basketball.com  and if that doesnt work, go ask every person you know

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

dont be jealous that they are talking football during a bball game.

Yeah only in Tampa is mid major football :-[ more important then high major D-1 basketball with something big on the line.

sorry man, USF is a football school ;/

• Content Count:  1,241

Football > Basketball

umm...that is a fact.

exactly, as a sport basketball is much more popular worldwide than american football, this is a fact... in america, american football is more popular than basketball, that too is a fact

saying one is better than the other is an opinion however, and just because football is bigger in this part of the country doesnt mean thats the case everywhere... kentucky, indiana, north carolina, kansas, and most of the northeast tend to prefer basketball to football

either way, an improvement in usf basketball will help usf football, and vice versa, theres no reason to hate on one sport just because you like another one better

• Content Count:  12,293

whoever said football was bigger than basketball worldwide?

it doesnt take much to figure out that isnt true.  olympics, nba, professional leagues in over 10 different countries.  basketball clearly has more worldwide appeal.  especially since the dream team in 1992.

but we are talking about why USF's football coach got so much attention during a USF basketball game.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Football > Basketball

umm...that is a fact.

What does the amount of athletes coming from FL have to do with one sport being "greater" than another??  You do realize that there is a whole country outside the state of Florida right?  Yes I want a link that states football is better than basketball as a "fact" as you stated.    Have you ever left the Southeast??  There's a whole world out there son.  See it. 

Wow.  I think you're getting your arguments mixed up.  No one saying that football is greater than basketball, now yes, THAT would be an opinion being stated as fact.  What it seems these guys are trying to say that is that football is BIGGER in Florida than basketball.  That's not opinion, that is FACT.  Matt's points are dead on when talking about the money involved, football rakes in a heck of a lot more.  Football is definitely more popular in Florida, and I don't see how that can be disputed.  Just settle down and think about what is being said, and I think you'll see that no one is really putting down basketball.  We're all proud of our Bulls MBB team and what they are doing this year. 

No I think you need to re-read Nobull.Bulls post that clearly states "Football>basketball".  If he would have said "AT USF Football> basketball" I would have agreed.  If he would have said "In the USA football generates more $$ than bball" I probably would have agreed.  This is not what was stated.  The comment that came after it from MAtt supporting it as fact is equally non-sensical. 

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Alright you politically correct anal retentive people,

Football > Basketball in the USA.

Superbowl is the most watched sporting event.

Football brings in more money then the other sports.

Heres your link:

www.commonesensethatFootball > Basketball.com   and if that doesnt work, go ask every person you know

That link doesn't work.  Also, I live in China and just asked everyone I knoew if American fball was better than bball and pretty much everyone said the opposite.  Now what? 

Archived