• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Skip Holtz coming up on BBall game...right now ESPN U

Matt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I like skip but it was absurd how they absolutely ignored the basketball game and talked about LOu Holt's golf game and pipe smoking.  yes only at USF...

nope..not only at USF.  i saw the ND game where brian kelly was with the broadcast crew.

same thing...but much more talk about the football team after kelly left the crew.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241

Football > Basketball

sorry folks its true. Basketball is great, but football is a whole other level

Guest nybullsfan

I like skip but it was absurd how they absolutely ignored the basketball game and talked about LOu Holt's golf game and pipe smoking.  yes only at USF...

nope..not only at USF.  i saw the ND game where brian kelly was with the broadcast crew.

same thing...but much more talk about the football team after kelly left the crew.

Granted, they're both newly hired, and therefore newsworthy, but I wonder if maybe these interviews were orchestrated by ESPN to build interest for the football season? Kind of like how the casters have to announce tomorrow's game slate, etc.

Or maybe it was part of the "public service time" given to the school?

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Football > Basketball

And its not even that close, Football is king and it will always be in Florida

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Football > Basketball

I love it when people state their opinions as fact...

• Content Count:  12,293

Football > Basketball

umm...that is a fact.

maybe not on an individual basis but when you look at amount of money that goes towards football vs basketball on ANY level....peewee vs yba...in high school...in college.....

amount of pro athletes that come from florida in each sport its gotta be 100 to 1. 

Florida is a football state. 

Baseball is a lot bigger than basketball on the amature level in Florida than basketball is....

so do you need links from articles or something?

• Content Count:  1,492

Football > Basketball

umm...that is a fact.

maybe not on an individual basis but when you look at amount of money that goes towards football vs basketball on ANY level....peewee vs yba...in high school...in college.....

amount of pro athletes that come from florida in each sport its gotta be 100 to 1. 

Baseball is a lot bigger than basketball on the amature level in Florida than basketball is....

zing!

• Content Count:  4,738

Football > Basketball

umm...that is a fact.

the only thing wrong with his statement was saying basketball was great.

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Football > Basketball

umm...that is a fact.

What does the amount of athletes coming from FL have to do with one sport being "greater" than another??  You do realize that there is a whole country outside the state of Florida right?  Yes I want a link that states football is better than basketball as a "fact" as you stated.    Have you ever left the Southeast??  There's a whole world out there son.  See it. 

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

One thing that has always bugged me about basketball in Florida is that there are hundreds of gyms throughout Florida at schools and city facilities that kids can't get into easily.  Most middle schools and high schools have gyms, but unless you are on the school team or in an organized league--you are not going to be able to use them--they are locked up most of the time.  Same thing for city gyms; I've seen neighborhood kids turned away from access to the gym for basketball unless the kid slaps down a dollar or two of right now money.  Everyone knows how basketball was originally invented as a winter sport for up north in gyms; in Florida kids should be able to get in gyms easily, round the clock to get out of heat and off the street.  I know playing ball outside, down the street at the park can develop terrific basketball players--I just wish more gyms were open in Florida for kids all hours.

Archived