• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are Beer sales allowed at other NCAA schools?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

My reasons for not wanting a OCS have nothing to do with beer. Why have a OCS when we have a NFL stadium that only cost us 1 million to rent (I believe).  If we (the alumni) raised 25 million, we would have a high school stadium. The day the admin decides to build a OCS is the day I drop my 8 season tickets and green level donation, along with my donations to the alumni asso.

I'm really sorry that you feel that way. Why would you end your support of a school, atheltic program, and Alumni Association because they want to improve the campus life/atmoshphere? Did you feel the same way about the Marshall Center?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Cincy and Syracuse that I've been to.

All 5 Bowl games have. None in the SEC, not even Birmingham back when we played 'Bama.

FSU - no.  Can't remember if Miami did or not then. They may now that they've changed stadiums.  FAU did.  FIU did not.

I also heard that UCF shut down their tailgate area because of the behavior of their students.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I don't see the need to having beer sales at the games as long as you can have a long tailgate before kick off... however thanks to the tailgate Gustavo (TSA) I don't think our current stadium can ever go dry.

Regarding an OCS I agree with the sentiment that we need to have a quality stadium built, but even if we did not get one and got some aluminum nightmare then I would not think of ever backing out of my support for USF.

• Content Count:  172
  • Days Won:  0

Notre Dame serves red wine and wafers.   ;)

"After dinner mint? It's wafer thin."  ;D

"Oh sh!t.  It's Mr. Creosote!"    lol !!

• Content Count:  809

FSU sells alcohol in the University Center Club during football games, gotta be a member to get in there though.

FSU can also sell beer at their basketball games, since they technically play the Leon County Civic Center, so it's technically not FSU property.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

UCF does not have alcohol in their stadium, but it's all around it. They had a new rule this year where alcohol was restricted to a certain amount of hours before the game, but my brother still regularly gets there at 7am to tailgate all friggin day. Even when I was in college, I couldn't maintain drinking for 8-12 hours, at least not heavily.

I actually preferred the UCF and FSU visits, it was good to tailgate beforehand, but by the time the game was over, everyone was mostly sober and there was much less assholism going on. USF games have beer til sometime in the 3rd quarter, and people are stumbling out of games and fighting well into the night.

• Content Count:  2,558

yes

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Notre Dame serves red wine and wafers.   ;)

"After dinner mint? It's wafer thin."  ;D

"Oh sh!t.  It's Mr. Creosote!"    lol !!

Glad that I'm not the only Monty Python fan on here.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Most schools don't, but those that don't allow beer in from catering companies in suites.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Not only do we have it at football and basketball games, but we have beer for sale at our baseball games too!

Come on out and support Bulls Baseball !

Archived