• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard: Heath's Contract extension. Not now.....

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

geez.  i guess it works both ways.  if the team isnt doing well fans want the coach fired.

if the team is playing well then we automatically need to pay the coach more money.

no need to overreact.  we still need to win this game.  it is far from over.

win or lose this game, we need to lock up Heath. What he has done with this program is amazing.

We don't need to give him an overly long extension.  I don't even know when this contract is up.  Anybody remember a guy named Leavitt getting a huge extension after a huge win?  Everyone take a breath.

That said, I've been saying for a long time that the best move USF can make is keep one coach in the job for a prolonged period.  Competing in BB in the Big East is so hard.  So if USF can promise a recruit some stability in coaching, that will help.  But they don't need to offer a lifetime deal because of a 3 game winning streak.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

He only has 2 years left on his contract.  You need to give his AT LEAST a 2 year extension.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

He only has 2 years left on his contract.  You need to give his AT LEAST a 2 year extension.

Exactly. Must be able to tell recruits you will be here for their 4 years.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Right now.

Let's get on it.  Best coached USF time I've seen since I came out of the womb.  Pay the MAN!  Go BullS!

that boat has left

and so will heath

he should have been given one last year

our athletic dept is run by fools

it will now cost double to sign him but i am sure he will move on due to lack of respect

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Right now.

Let's get on it.  Best coached USF time I've seen since I came out of the womb.  Pay the MAN!  Go BullS!

that boat has left

and so will heath

it will now cost double to sign him but i am sure he will move on due to lack of respect

Stan Heath's wife loves Tampa and believe me when I say that she has a very LARGE SAY in any potential move he could make in the future. Her personality is more dominate than Stan's.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

Right now.

that boat has left

and so will heath

Based on what?

You are the last person to be calling anyone a fool ...

And anybody that follows USF athletics under Woolard knows that NOTHING will be done until after the season is over ..... and then he should be offered an extension.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Right now.

that boat has left

and so will heath

please look into your crystal ball and tell me the winning numbers to the lottery :thumbnew

• Content Count:  901

he will get an extension but woolard didnt get to where he is at by making knee jerk reactions based on 1 or 2 games.

3!!!! haha

Yep he's won three games with:

Two McCullum recruits including Dominique Jones

Two Transfers - Mercer Crater

Juco - Famous

One recruit that can play - Fitzpatrick that was a lucky last minute get.

I'm not seeing a program being built yet...

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Woolard is a basketball guy.  He'll make the right choice.

• Content Count:  259

----

Yep he's won three games with:

Two McCullum recruits including Dominique Jones

Two Transfers - Mercer Crater

Juco - Famous

One recruit that can play - Fitzpatrick that was a lucky last minute get.

I'm not seeing a program being built yet...

-----

Let's recap what Mac did during his glorious tenureship. Mac I think won 4 or 5 conference games in 3 years!  Including a glorious 1-15 year in CONFERENCE USA out of the gate! 

Guy kicked half the team off including his best player at the time Jimmy Baxter.  At one point he had Chris Capko running the point and we never won a single road conference game in 3 years of Big East play.  Mac's tenure as the coach was nothing short of a disaster.  It was terrible.  It was embarrassing.  Shameful.  Do you realize the schools that Heath beat out to sign Famous?  Names like Seton Hall, Pitt, Arizona. 

Heath is doing a heck of a job.  We've won back-to-back-to-back conference games including a win over Jamie Dixon's Pitt team. (he the winningest coach over the last five years in college basketball) - not to mention we beat #8 Marquette last year which was the first time we've beat a top 10 team since the presidency of Herbert Hoover or something.  Heath is currently coaching up the top scorer in Big East - which is the deepest conference in the country.

I think he deserves a ton of credit.  It's been 20 years since anyone really has won on a major level at USF.  Greenberg was alright, but I think he beat ONE ranked team in his entire USF career (texas).

I think Heath deserves a ton of credit for putting a viable team on the floor.  Things are going to get tough over the next three games (at gtown, at marquette, at Notre Dame) - but this is by far the best product we've produced at USF in a long long time.

Archived