• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard: Heath's Contract extension. Not now.....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

----

Yep he's won three games with:

Two McCullum recruits including Dominique Jones

Two Transfers - Mercer Crater

Juco - Famous

One recruit that can play - Fitzpatrick that was a lucky last minute get.

I'm not seeing a program being built yet...

-----

Let's recap what Mac did during his glorious tenureship. Mac I think won 4 or 5 conference games in 3 years!  Including a glorious 1-15 year in CONFERENCE USA out of the gate! 

Guy kicked half the team off including his best player at the time Jimmy Baxter.  At one point he had Chris Capko running the point and we never won a single road conference game in 3 years of Big East play.  Mac's tenure as the coach was nothing short of a disaster.  It was terrible.  It was embarrassing.  Shameful.  Do you realize the schools that Heath beat out to sign Famous?  Names like Seton Hall, Pitt, Arizona. 

Heath is doing a heck of a job.  We've won back-to-back-to-back conference games including a win over Jamie Dixon's Pitt team. (he the winningest coach over the last five years in college basketball) - not to mention we beat #8 Marquette last year which was the first time we've beat a top 10 team since the presidency of Herbert Hoover or something.  Heath is currently coaching up the top scorer in Big East - which is the deepest conference in the country.

I think he deserves a ton of credit.  It's been 20 years since anyone really has won on a major level at USF.  Greenberg was alright, but I think he beat ONE ranked team in his entire USF career (Texas).

I think Heath deserves a ton of credit for putting a viable team on the floor.  Things are going to get tough over the next three games (at gtown, at Marquette, at Notre Dame) - but this is by far the best product we've produced at USF in a long long time.

Holy **** ..... Ari??

I know this is about Stan but just want to throw one last bouquet at Mac because of "Bobby's" labeling of his tenure here a disaster. It was a disaster for one reason, and one reason only .... Mac's inability to talk ENOUGH decent kids to come play at this vast wasteland of a basketball school ... and because of that inability he was not able to withstand THE CURSE. Mac was doomed from the point he had to go into BE conference play with a walk-on point guard .... I wonder if there has ever been a season for any other BE team where a walk-on point guard starts every conference game? .... and while Mac's TOTAL body of work here may have been a disaster, there were silver linings:

- As pointed out, no other USF coach has more wins over ranked teams than Mac. Getting one upset per year in his first two years in the BE. Stan wasn't even able to do that.

- He's the only coach in 20 years of Bulls basketball to win TWO conference tourney games (in the same year)... and if that doesn't scream at how pathetic we've been for two decades, nothing will.

- He is responsible for the best player in the history of USF hoops being here and before it's all over, will be responsible for the two of the 3 most successful Bulls in the NBA ...

And just to be clear, I am not saying that Mac should have stayed. He obviously couldn't pull in the quantity of quality players needed to be more than competitive in the BE on a regular basis ..... Stan hasn't been able to duplicate here what he did at Arkansas, either, but he does have that track record and hopefully the experience will pay off in the end.

And "Bobby", Mac was only in the BE two years...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

He is responsible for the ... two most successful Bulls in the NBA (the last part may be a stretch because I'm not real sure what kind of career Granny had compared to SoJo's)

This is a joke, yeah? Chucky Atkins has been the most successful Bull in the NBA by a wide, wide, wide margin. Like, there's nobody at this point even worth mentioning after Chucky Atkins. Chucky Atkins is Michael Jordan compared with Solomon Jones.

I'm not getting involved in this pointless argument about McCullum, I just had to make sure I was reading this right.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

He is responsible for the ... two most successful Bulls in the NBA (the last part may be a stretch because I'm not real sure what kind of career Granny had compared to SoJo's)

This is a joke, yeah? Chucky Atkins has been the most successful Bull in the NBA by a wide, wide, wide margin. Like, there's nobody at this point even worth mentioning after Chucky Atkins. Chucky Atkins is Michael Jordan compared with Solomon Jones.

I'm not getting involved in this pointless argument about McCullum, I just had to make sure I was reading this right.

Ah **** ..... I completely forgot about Chucky .... We were discussing his missed free throw at Marquette recently and my brain usually locks him out for a few days after that. I need to adjust my assessment.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  259
  • Days Won:  0

Ah **** ..... I completely forgot about Chucky .... We were discussing his missed free throw at Marquette recently and my brain usually locks him out for a few days after that. I need to adjust my assessment.

I don't know who the hell "Ari" is.  And yes, your assessment is crapola.

Archived