• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Woolard: Heath's Contract extension. Not now.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  901
  • Days Won:  0

Bobby,

This is NOT about what McCullum won or lost, it's about Heath.

He hasn't proven he can build a program at USF yet, I think we'll see some more issues down the road.

Like any Bull older than 25, I would like to think we can build a program.  It's a lot harder than three games.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nybullsfan

Heath is doing a heck of a job.  We've won back-to-back-to-back conference games including a win over Jamie Dixon's Pitt team. (he the winningest coach over the last five years in college basketball) - not to mention we beat #8 Marquette last year which was the first time we've beat a top 10 team since the presidency of Herbert Hoover or something.  Heath is currently coaching up the top scorer in Big East - which is the deepest conference in the country.

I think he deserves a ton of credit.  It's been 20 years since anyone really has won on a major level at USF.  Greenberg was alright, but I think he beat ONE ranked team in his entire USF career (texas).

Greenberg never beat a ranked team, and last year's victory over Marquette remains our highest ranking victory to date, and the first and only time we've ever beaten a Top 10 team.

[table][tr][td]Date[/td][td]Score[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Coach[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/12/1981[/td][td]@USF 70[/td][td]#18 South Alabama 54[/td][td]Lee Rose[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]12/28/1991[/td][td]@USF 85[/td][td]#23 Iowa 78[/td][td]Bobby Paschal[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/15/1992[/td][td]USF 70[/td][td]@#22 UNC Charlotte 63[/td][td]Bobby Paschal[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/24/1992[/td][td]USF 81[/td][td]@#15 Tulane 76[/td][td]Bobby Paschal[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3/5/2005[/td][td]@USF 85[/td][td]#18 UNC Charlotte 73[/td][td]Robert McCullum[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3/10/2005[/td][td]USF 80[/td][td]#21 Cincinnati 68, CUSA Tourney[/td][td]Robert McCullum[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3/4/2006[/td][td]@USF 63[/td][td]#20 Georgetown 56[/td][td]Robert McCullum[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/3/2007[/td][td]@USF 69[/td][td]#21 Notre Dame 63[/td][td]Robert McCullum[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/6/2009[/td][td]@USF 57[/td][td]#8 Marquette 56[/td][td]Stan Heath[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]1/31/2010[/td][td]@USF 70[/td][td]#17 Pittsburgh 61[/td][td]Stan Heath[/td][/tr][/table]

• Content Count:  259

Heath is doing a heck of a job.  We've won back-to-back-to-back conference games including a win over Jamie Dixon's Pitt team. (he the winningest coach over the last five years in college basketball) - not to mention we beat #8 Marquette last year which was the first time we've beat a top 10 team since the presidency of Herbert Hoover or something.  Heath is currently coaching up the top scorer in Big East - which is the deepest conference in the country.

I think he deserves a ton of credit.  It's been 20 years since anyone really has won on a major level at USF.  Greenberg was alright, but I think he beat ONE ranked team in his entire USF career (texas).

[table][tr][td]Date[/td][td]Score[/td][td]Opponent[/td][td]Coach[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/12/1981[/td][td]@USF 70[/td][td]#18 South Alabama 54[/td][td]Lee Rose[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]12/28/1991[/td][td]@USF 85[/td][td]#23 Iowa 78[/td][td]Bobby Paschal[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/15/1992[/td][td]USF 70[/td][td]@#22 UNC Charlotte 63[/td][td]Bobby Paschal[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/24/1992[/td][td]USF 81[/td][td]@#15 Tulane 76[/td][td]Bobby Paschal[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3/5/2005[/td][td]@USF 85[/td][td]#18 UNC Charlotte 73[/td][td]Robert McCullum[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3/10/2005[/td][td]USF 80[/td][td]#21 Cincinnati 68, CUSA Tourney[/td][td]Robert McCullum[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]3/4/2006[/td][td]@USF 63[/td][td]#20 Georgetown 56[/td][td]Robert McCullum[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/3/2007[/td][td]@USF 69[/td][td]#21 Notre Dame 63[/td][td]Robert McCullum[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]2/6/2009[/td][td]@USF 57[/td][td]#8 Marquette 56[/td][td]Stan Heath[/td][/tr]

[tr][td]1/31/2010[/td][td]@USF 70[/td][td]#17 Pittsburgh 61[/td][td]Stan Heath[/td][/tr][/table]

Under Greenberg we beat Texas at home one year when they were 25 in the ESPN poll but not ranked in the AP. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Some would argue it would be harder for Greenberg, with USF in C-USA, to field a team capable of beating a Top 25 team.

We weren't playing at the highest level.  We did have strong teams in C-USA - Louisville, etc., but I would think McCullum and Heath have an advantage in recruiting the kind of players able to beat a Top 25 team.

Greenberg's problem was not beating Top 25 teams, it was beating teams in Conference USA.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,705
  • Days Won:  108

Right now.

Let's get on it.  Best coached USF time I've seen since I came out of the womb.  Pay the MAN!  Go BullS!

that boat has left

and so will heath

he should have been given one last year

our athletic dept is run by fools

it will now cost double to sign him but i am sure he will move on due to lack of respect

Are these the same fools that you were going all ga ga over when they signed Skip Holtz?

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Some would argue it would be harder for Greenberg, with USF in C-USA, to field a team capable of beating a Top 25 team.

We weren't playing at the highest level.  We did have strong teams in C-USA - Louisville, etc., but I would think McCullum and Heath have an advantage in recruiting the kind of players able to beat a Top 25 team.

Greenberg's problem was not beating Top 25 teams, it was beating teams in Conference USA.

Also, Greenberg's teams played much fewer top 25 teams... less chances to win those types of games.

We have 4 teams in the top 7 in the latest AP poll, and the Big East has had 9 or 10 different teams break into the rankings this season. 

When we were in CUSA... it was Memphis, sometimes Charlotte, and Louisville.  any other ranked games were scheduled OOC, if we were lucky enough to get one.

So its a combination of more talent, more exposure, and more games against ranked teams.

• Content Count:  259

Also, Greenberg's teams played much fewer top 25 teams... less chances to win those types of games.

We have 4 teams in the top 7 in the latest AP poll, and the Big East has had 9 or 10 different teams break into the rankings this season. 

When we were in CUSA... it was Memphis, sometimes Charlotte, and Louisville.  any other ranked games were scheduled OOC, if we were lucky enough to get one.

So its a combination of more talent, more exposure, and more games against ranked teams.

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Starting to get a little bit off topic here.

This isn't about Greenberg, or McCullum.

This is about Stan Heath the Current USF Men's Basketball Head Coach.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

He's in Year 3 and we have won 3 straight.

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

you forgot cincy, marquette, & UAB. all of them made it to at least the sweet sixteen while we were in c-usa.

Archived