• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Joel Miller is the savior of USF football

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What's interesting about that?

Leavitt repeatedly held out for more money for his assistants, so you're insinuation that Leavitt was some how hoarding money that could have gone to his assistants is kind of (and by kind of, I mean extremely) stupid.

Are you kidding me?  Do you think if Leavitt had said, "I want to lower the salary you have just offered me by $100k and add it to the assistant pool or we don't have a deal", that the answer would have been "No way, we want you to have more money, not your assistants because we want you to have lousy assistants."

The assistant pool money is part of the head coach contract.  Hopefully you were not aware of that.

I can't find anything on Greg's blog, but I'm pretty sure when Leavitt signed his final contract, exactly that exchange happened. I'm sure I read at the time that an increase in the assistant salary pool was what Leavitt was after in the contract.

Also, how much is Skip Holtz getting paid? It's more that Leavitt was getting paid, isn't it? How does that factor into your nonsense?

You might want to check a few facts before you post.  Holtz is getting paid $100,000 less than Leavitt.  And his assistant coaches salary pool is $100,000 larger.  Interesting coincidence, don't you think?

Why do you think that is?  Because Woolard insisted on it?

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

I do wanna bring up that Joel Miller denied Leavitt hit him, and flip flopped more than most politicians.

You have leavitt to thank for getting this program to where it is in a short time, and him alone for his actions that happened in the locker room.

What is Holtz getting paid?  Leavitt's salary was $800,000 per year with another $800,000 from other sources.

I believe Leavitt's salary for 2010 was $800,000 per year, with another $900,000 from other sources that would only be in effect as long as he was the head coach.  I'm not 100% sure, because I do not have time to look up the article.

Holtz will make exactly $100,000 less from the two combined sources, with exactly $100,000 more going to the assistant salary pool.  It is public record.

Leavitt repeatedly held out for more money for his assistants, so you're insinuation that Leavitt was some how hoarding money that could have gone to his assistants is kind of (and by kind of, I mean extremely) stupid.

Are you kidding me?  Do you think if Leavitt had said, "I want to lower the salary you have just offered me by $100k and add it to the assistant pool or we don't have a deal", that the answer would have been "No way, we want you to have more money, not your assistants because we want you to have lousy assistants."

The assistant pool money is part of the head coach contract.  Hopefully you were not aware of that.

I can't find anything on Greg's blog, but I'm pretty sure when Leavitt signed his final contract, exactly that exchange happened. I'm sure I read at the time that an increase in the assistant salary pool was what Leavitt was after in the contract.

Also, how much is Skip Holtz getting paid? It's more that Leavitt was getting paid, isn't it? How does that factor into your nonsense?

As Leavitt got pay increases he asked for more pay for his assistants.  All head coaches do that.  Thanks to Jim, the assistants pay rose to a somewhat decent level at USF, but not nearly as much as reall football schools.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2009-coaches-contracts-database.htm

And not as much as under Holtz, using the same budget numbers.

As Leavitt got pay increases he asked for more pay for his assistants.  All head coaches do that.  Thanks to Jim, the assistants pay rose to a somewhat decent level at USF, but not nearly as much as reall football schools.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2009-coaches-contracts-database.htm

And not as much as under Holtz, using the same budget numbers.

Nope...Leavitt's total compensation was $1.6 million.

Yes, last year, not 2010.

• 5 years later...

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

When we win the Big East within the next 2 years we have Joel to Thank. The best thing to happen to the program was theblockJoel missed to fire Leavitt up.

Now we have a real coach, and a chance to advance as a program.

With Jimmy we were going nowhere.

Just googled Joel Miller and this came up.

Hmm how'd that work out??

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Someone dug deep on this one

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

I'd nearly forgotten about "thebouncer". :roflmao:

More and more of the "Jim plateaued", "mid-season slump", "who cares that we've been around just over a decade" gang fell off the map as Holtz and Woolard drove the program into the ditch.