• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Terrence Mitchell a BULL!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Scott Carter reporting he backed out of his committment to FSU and is coming to USF.  Skip is the man!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Not to burst your bubble, but you might want to check the 8 pages on the Recruits forum on this topic  ;)

• Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Mitchell Says Goodbye to FSU, Hello to USF

Posted January 29, 2010 by Scott Carter

Updated Jan 29, 2010 at 03:22 PM

New USF coach Skip Holtz got some good news Friday. Hillsborough High DB Terrence Mitchell has decided to verbally commit to USF after initially committing to FSU.

Here is a report from Bill Ward of The Tampa Tribune/TBO.com:

TAMPA—Hillsborough High senior Terrence Mitchell, one of the nation’s most sought-after defensive backs, has switched his verbal commitment from Florida State University to the University of South Florida, Mitchell told The Tampa Tribune/TBO.com on Friday.

“I just feel more comfortable playing at home and I feel like I can do something special at home, right here in my own backyard,†Mitchell said. “My mind’s made up. I’m a Bull now.â€

Although he has always played safety at Hillsborough, the 5-foot-10, 170-pound Mitchell is the No. 5-ranked cornerback in the nation by Rivals.com.

On Jan. 14, he said he was making a verbal commitment to FSU. At the time, he said the Seminoles and FSU’s campus in Tallahassee “felt like home’’ and that he got along with “all the players and coaches.’‘

Mitchell also said at the time of his comitment to FSU that he wanted to run track for the three-time NCAA champion Seminoles. In addition, he said his decision not to originally commit to USF was swayed partially by the upheaval at the school, including the dismissal of Bulls coach Jim Leavitt.

But that was before the Bulls hired Skip Holtz as their new head coach. Mitchell said he first met Holtz and some of his staff last week at USF. Thursday night, Holtz made a home visit with Mitchell. After thinking it over, Mitchell, a four-year starter at Hillsborough, changed his mind and decided to make the switch to South Florida, where his good friend, cousin and former Hillsborough teammate, Lindsey Lamar, is playing running back.

“When I made my commitment to FSU, coach Holtz wasn’t here,’’ Mitchell said. “He’s a down-to-earth, a player’s coach. Everything with him is about the players.’’

• Content Count:  684

Sweetness, I like this alot. No. 5 CB in the nation? Wow... Coach is doing work.

• Content Count:  1,013

Mitchell Says Goodbye to FSU, Hello to USF

Posted January 29, 2010 by Scott Carter

Updated Jan 29, 2010 at 03:22 PM

New USF coach Skip Holtz got some good news Friday. Hillsborough High DB Terrence Mitchell has decided to verbally commit to USF after initially committing to FSU.

Here is a report from Bill Ward of The Tampa Tribune/TBO.com:

TAMPA—Hillsborough High senior Terrence Mitchell, one of the nation’s most sought-after defensive backs, has switched his verbal commitment from Florida State University to the University of South Florida, Mitchell told The Tampa Tribune/TBO.com on Friday.

“I just feel more comfortable playing at home and I feel like I can do something special at home, right here in my own backyard,†Mitchell said. “My mind’s made up. I’m a Bull now.â€

Although he has always played safety at Hillsborough, the 5-foot-10, 170-pound Mitchell is the No. 5-ranked cornerback in the nation by Rivals.com.

On Jan. 14, he said he was making a verbal commitment to FSU. At the time, he said the Seminoles and FSU’s campus in Tallahassee “felt like home’’ and that he got along with “all the players and coaches.’‘

Mitchell also said at the time of his comitment to FSU that he wanted to run track for the three-time NCAA champion Seminoles. In addition, he said his decision not to originally commit to USF was swayed partially by the upheaval at the school, including the dismissal of Bulls coach Jim Leavitt.

But that was before the Bulls hired Skip Holtz as their new head coach. Mitchell said he first met Holtz and some of his staff last week at USF. Thursday night, Holtz made a home visit with Mitchell. After thinking it over, Mitchell, a four-year starter at Hillsborough, changed his mind and decided to make the switch to South Florida, where his good friend, cousin and former Hillsborough teammate, Lindsey Lamar, is playing running back.

“When I made my commitment to FSU, coach Holtz wasn’t here,’’ Mitchell said. “He’s a down-to-earth, a player’s coach. Everything with him is about the players.’’

Wow, this is great news.  Hopefully we'll have a few more surprises like this.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Terrence-Mitchell-91473

4 Star recruit... thought he would be higher then that...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

I expect him to make an immediate impact in 2010 !

22  Baker, George  CB  5-11  170  So. 

4    Butler, Tyson  CB  5-11  186  Jr. 

9    Dixon, Ricardo  CB  5-11  170  RFr. 

2    Washington, Quenton  CB  5-10  183  Jr. 

• Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Not to burst your bubble, but you might want to check the 8 pages on the Recruits forum on this topic  ;)

I think some people don't venture over there too often.  ;D

• Content Count:  403

This is the recruit i've been waiting for.. Unreal.  Great job Skip.

Archived