• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamius Gunsby, Rivals 3-star QB, will commit to USF after weekend visit

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Even if he comes here as a WR, his size is a definite advantage. He looked like he was pretty agile also.

He's got 4.5 40 speed at 225-240 lbs. Can you imagine trying to cover him?

I guarantee you those numbers are not accurate. Every is listed as faster, taller, and heavier than reality

So, if everyone is rated that way, then it may not be accurate, but it would be precise and useful relative to other college football players.

Your going to tell me that this kid is very close to being as fast as Jenkins, at 225-240? Give me a break

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Even if he comes here as a WR, his size is a definite advantage. He looked like he was pretty agile also.

I guarantee you those numbers are not accurate. Every is listed as faster, taller, and heavier than reality

Sounds like the title to a new Daft Punk song.  ;)

The question I have is will Holtz offer two schollies to QB's. Assuming Carnes is gone, then will he also offer a CJ Bennent in addition to Gunsby.

And then will he redshirt them and actually go into the season with just BJ, Evan Landi and Victor Marc? I know technically that is all we had last season but it bascially seems that if BJ goes down, we are stuck with a wildcat offense. We have athletes everywhere but I wouldn't mind seeing a true passer in the mix.

• Content Count:  5,241

Hopefully we get Carnes or Bennett. That'll be a good amount of depth for the next 4 years

I know the knock on CJ is he is only 5'-11" but he obviously knows how to throw the ball. I know it is hard to get a feel for someone based on his highlight reel but he reminds me of Grothe.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

You do not have to declare a redshirt.  If they don't play then they are redshirted.  So Carnes and Gunsby may be the backups but if neither play at all then it will be considered a redshirt year.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

So, if everyone is rated that way, then it may not be accurate, but it would be precise and useful relative to other college football players.

Your going to tell me that this kid is very close to being as fast as Jenkins, at 225-240? Give me a break

So, Jenkins is not listed as faster than reality?  As far as this one being faster than Jenkins, I don't know and neither do you.

• Content Count:  4,501

Looks interesting, but suspended for violation of team rules?  Surprised this isn't getting more attention on here...

That was for the rest of the year.  I am sure the coaches know what happened -  well maybe they know.  I think it is a huge deal but maybe that was a good thing and now he knows how life really is and if you screw up you pay the price.

• Content Count:  1,251

Sounds like this years Isaac Virgin.

why is he this years issac virgin....virgin is not a QB anymore...

Archived