• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jamius Gunsby, Rivals 3-star QB, will commit to USF after weekend visit

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Nice.

Are we recruiting him as a QB or as an athlete for some other position?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/usf/football/recruiting/player-Jamius-Gunsby-68632

• Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Nice! he's a three star recruit as rated by Rivals. he's however listed as being 6-3, 195 pounds and not 6-5, 225 pounds. Does that mean Carnes will not sign with USF?

January 28, 2010

Georgia QB says he'll commit to USF on visit

New USF football coach Skip Holtz, moving quickly to identify quarterback recruits in his first few weeks on the job, appears to have found a match for the Bulls in Jamius Gunsby, a 6-foot-5, 225-pound quarterback from LaGrange, Ga.

Gunsby, whose first name is pronounced juh-MY-us, was offered a scholarship by Holtz during a personal visit on Wednesday. He said he'll make an official visit to USF this weekend and if all goes well, will sign with the Bulls next week.

"I think I'm going to commit to South Florida when I go down there this weekend," said Gunsby, who said he has gotten verbal scholarship offers from Florida, Kentucky, Florida State and Michigan State.

Gunsby said Holtz and offensive assistant Todd Fitch were recruiting him when they were at East Carolina, and they've continued to recruit him in the two weeks since Holtz was hired at USF. Two weeks ago, he made an official visit to Florida, eating with other recruits at Urban Meyer's house, and Gators quarterbacks coach Scot Loeffler visited him with fellow assistant Brian White last week.

Gunsby is rated as a three-star athlete by Rivals.com, and as a two-star quarterback by Scout.com. USF is also in the final mix for Bradenton Manatee quarterback Brion Carnes, who was committed to the Bulls before coach Jim Leavitt was fired, and is also strongly considering Nebraska. The Bulls enter the spring with no obvious backup to stater B.J. Daniels if rising sophomore Evan Landi moves to receiver as planned.

Check out a nine-minute highlight video from Gunsby's junior year here on Youtube.com.

Posted by Times Editor at 05:07:22 PM on January 28, 2010 in Football , Recruiting | Permalink | Comments (4)

http://blogs.tampabay.com/usf/2010/01/georgia-qb-says-hell-commit-to-usf-on-visit.html

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Reported by the Times Editor at Tampa Bay.com.

He is recruited as a QB. was being recruited by Skip at ECU. But I can't confirm the Rivals ranki8ng as referenced in the article.

Bill, great news. Wherever did you find this information?

Ha! Ha!

Yeah, I also was wondering about that, before I looked on your blog. What a coincidence.  ;)

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Yeah, Greg, funny, huh? Saw the article and wanted to get it up right away, I was so excited. Not trying to do it w/o attribution. Just new here and still figuring out all the landscape. This is great news though, makes all the heartburn about Carnes, a little less painful and it looks like this guy has the size(6-3 or 6-5) to  run Holtz's offense. Yee haw. Some might conjecture why Carnes is visiting NU is related to this little gem.

• Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

This guy looks real good. Look how tall he is compared to everyone else.  :o

Archived