• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Land O'Lakes QB Stevie Weatherford gets first offer: USF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Land O'Lakes QB Stevie Weatherford gets ECU offer, headed to Elite 11 camp

Posted on Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010 at 10:44 a.m.

Stevie Weatherford picked up his second official scholarship offer Tuesday from East Carolina.

Last month, the Land O'Lakes quarterback picked up his first official from USF. He also has an open invitation to visit Vanderbilt, which Land O'Lakes coach Matt Kitchie said is "in the works."

Expect the excitement level to rise this weekend when Weatherford competes in the Elite 11 regional quarterback camp in Orlando. This is an opportunity for Weatherford to distinguish himself from other quarterbacks with the best advancing to the Elite 11 Quarterback Competition in July. The final competition is a four-day quarterback battle in Southern California.

This weekend's two-hour camp takes place at Disney's Wide World of Sports complex. The first hour has quarterbacks rotating through stations with drills designed to improve each quarterback. Then quarterbacks work on passing routes using specific drops and patterns. There's also an accuracy competition.

"It's an invitation-only camp," Kitchie said. "I think it's going to start getting real exciting."

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2010/feb/23/land-olakes-qb-stevie-weatherford-gets-ecu-offer-h/

Thanks Mama...this was one of the camps I was alluding too.  If he does well here then he could get invited to the 'elite 11' national camp this summer....like his brother Drew did 6 years ago.  That will be the first distinguishing sign between the two bros--- and even if he doesn't make it not a knock because it's a deep field of nationally elite QB's this year.  Stevie's been training hard for this, with a special trainer...Coach Stafford--- for USF fans that should be an important name.

Don't be surprised if he shows well here and the recruiting for Stevie blows up!

• 1 month later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

March 26, 2010, 9:43 AM ET

Last Weatherford may be best yet

By Corey Long

Special to ESPN.com

...And if a strong junior season and a recent eye-popping performance at the Elite 11 quarterback camp is any indication, Stephen will leave a mark hard to erase.

"I'm trying to do my own thing and do it to the best of my abilities," Stephen said. "I can't worry about what my brothers did in the past and try to equal or better that. I just want to be part of a successful team."

Last year Weatherford's improvement showed up on the stat sheet. He threw 27 touchdown passes and cut down his interceptions from 12 to five. Even though his postseason lasted just one game, the whole body of work was more than enough to get attention from several FBS schools.

"I already have offers from USF and Vanderbilt is on the way," Weatherford said. "Purdue and East Carolina have also said they are sending offers."

The list should continue to grow after the spring, but there is a school that sticks out.

"I've always liked Miami and hopefully that offer will come around," he said. "We'll see what happens."

The recruiting battle for Weatherford is expected to be competitive and Kitchie believes that whoever lands the 6-foot-4 signal-caller will get a tremendous prospect...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=5010297

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

"I've always liked Miami and hopefully that offer will come around," he said. "We'll see what happens."

Drew can't be too happy about that.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Sounds like a ball player.

• Content Count:  578

Drew can't be too happy about that.

If they land Teddy Bridgewater it'll be a moot point.

As per Barry Jackson....

"Miami Northwestern quarterback Teddy Bridgewater said he has changed his mind and decided he will play quarterback, not receiver, in college and will strongly consider UM, UF, Alabama, Southern California and others. He said UM's Randy Shannon and Mark Whipple called him last week and Shannon ``told me three weeks ago that I'm their guy. If I commit, they won't sign another quarterback.'' He said he will decide in November."

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/02/28/1504806_p2/dolphins-to-move-games-to-winz.html

Don't know if this has been refuted yet, but I'm sure one of the Miami posters will shed light on the subject.

• Content Count:  4,879

lie down with pigs and you get up with slop on

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

**** we are getting to the point  where we may have to have a probation office on campus like they have in Tallahassee. I'm really wondering whether we are seeing a growing trend with some of these poor kids. The boosters keep getting caught paying them off so now the kids have to resort to burgarly in order to survive. More of a statement of US have and have nots than the kids who are getting caught.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

**** we are getting to the point  where we may have to have a probation office on campus like they have in Tallahassee. I'm really wondering whether we are seeing a growing trend with some of these poor kids. The boosters keep getting caught paying them off so now the kids have to resort to burgarly in order to survive. More of a statement of US have and have nots than the kids who are getting caught.

Not our fault that this kid is a bonehead.

This kid does not come from a poor family, so I was a bit surprised to hear what he was arrested for.

Coach Holtz will handle this accordingly.

Archived