• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Land O'Lakes QB Stevie Weatherford gets first offer: USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  0

It looks like Holtz is favoring more of the prototypical drop back QB then the Duel-threat QB like Daniels.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  622

It looks like Holtz is favoring more of the prototypical drop back QB then the Duel-threat QB like Daniels.

Idk about that. Stevie did rush for over 500 yards and 5 TDs at around 8 ypc.

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

seen the guy on some BHSN games in the playoffs, and the announcers were saying that the coaches had said he is the best one of them yet. i would have figured he'd head to FSU, but they're gonna have some QBs in line...and the manning brothers didn't go to the same school, so it would be nice if USF picked him up. long ways away though, i'll worry about it in about 11 months.

• Content Count:  178

No thanks.

Nice post, we can really see where you are coming from.  You great reasoning has changed my mind and I now agree with you.  ::)

Stevie, is more athletic than Drew was and can run when he needs to.  Stevie is more like the QB FSU had last season.  I think that FSU burned some bridges with the Weatherford family which help Stevie go to a different school. 

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

He plans on enrolling early.

Land O’ Lakes QB “BB†Weatherford has eyes on him

Posted February 22, 2010 by Eddie Daniels

Updated Feb 22, 2010 at 02:21 PM

15329_land-o-lakes-at-zephyrhills.jpg

The University of South Florida is just one of several schools that want Land O’ Lakes quarterback Stephen “BB†Weatherford on their roster.

This weekend Weatherford and Gators coach Matt Kitchie took a drive down to USF to check things out for themselves. They met with Bulls assistants Peter Vaas and Todd Fitch. During that trip, new USF coach Skip Holtz happened to be there and he reiterated the program’s desire to have Weatherford as a member.

In fact, the letter offering the scholarship arrived today, Kitchie said.

“They offered him a full scholarship, put it in writing, the whole nine yards,†Kitchie said Monday.

USF isn’t alone in its courtship of the younger brother for former FSU signal caller Drew Weatherford and former UCF passer Joe Weatherford, who transferred to the University of West Georgia to play with younger brother John.

Roughly 25 different coaches have made their way along U.S. 41 to Land O’ Lakes’ campus to talk about the youngest Weatherford quarterback. There are also verbal offers from several other schools, Kitchie admitted, but none have put it in writing yet.

“I think he’s going to have lots of choices,†Kitchie said. “I think the fact (USF) is right in his backyard can only help. I think the quarterback situation at USF – if I’m not mistaken they only have a few kids on scholarship – can be a good situation.â€

Weatherford will also help his stock rise due to the fact he plans to graduate in December. It’s a decision he came to with the help of family.

“He’ll be a January enrollee and I think that’s going to play a big part,†Kitchie said. “That was a family decision I think is in the best interest of (Stephen). They’ve been through this with Drew and Joe and they understand it’s beneficial to get there early, get the hands on experience.â€

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/land-o-lakes-qb-bb-weatherford-has-eyes-on-him/

• Content Count:  4,879

QB's should be drooling over USF opportunity, esp with early enrollment

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I just like how Holtz is coming out strong for some these kids. Apparently he has also offered Sebring's WR Devin Clarke. Looks like a little speedster. I imagine he's good because he also has an offer from Tennessee and is also interested in UF, Miami and Alabama. Good company.

• Content Count:  4,016

No thanks.

Nice post, we can really see where you are coming from.  You great reasoning has changed my mind and I now agree with you.   ::)

Stevie, is more athletic than Drew was and can run when he needs to.  Stevie is more like the QB FSU had last season.  I think that FSU burned some bridges with the Weatherford family which help Stevie go to a different school. 

Whooaaa....no one has ever, or will ever say stevie is more athletic than Drew.  Drew also played safety at LOL, and was real quick with similar rushing numbers as stevie.  that's an insult to say he's better in that way especially since Drew was a very special athlete, and stevie does not have Ponder's speed either.  Stevie is a matter of folklore in LOL, his whole family has been saying since he was 13 he was going to be the best weatherford QB ever...says a lot since daddy was a starter at SMU decades ago.  He had a very strong junior year, and we'll see where he takes it this spring and summer.  Will be he blow past Drew into the upper echelon or hit his ceiling? 

Stevie's value will be seen in a few camps coming up.  His stock will either soar or tapper off.  He's clearly better than Joe, and at this point comparable to where Drew was at this point, although in these up coming camps stevie could move ahead.  he needs some more strength, and size....but a neat package at QB.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Land O'Lakes QB Stevie Weatherford gets ECU offer, headed to Elite 11 camp

Posted on Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2010 at 10:44 a.m.

Stevie Weatherford picked up his second official scholarship offer Tuesday from East Carolina.

Last month, the Land O'Lakes quarterback picked up his first official from USF. He also has an open invitation to visit Vanderbilt, which Land O'Lakes coach Matt Kitchie said is "in the works."

Expect the excitement level to rise this weekend when Weatherford competes in the Elite 11 regional quarterback camp in Orlando. This is an opportunity for Weatherford to distinguish himself from other quarterbacks with the best advancing to the Elite 11 Quarterback Competition in July. The final competition is a four-day quarterback battle in Southern California.

This weekend's two-hour camp takes place at Disney's Wide World of Sports complex. The first hour has quarterbacks rotating through stations with drills designed to improve each quarterback. Then quarterbacks work on passing routes using specific drops and patterns. There's also an accuracy competition.

"It's an invitation-only camp," Kitchie said. "I think it's going to start getting real exciting."

http://hometeam.tampabay.com/recruiting/2010/feb/23/land-olakes-qb-stevie-weatherford-gets-ecu-offer-h/

Archived