• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rivals and Scout Rankings

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

So it is Jan 20th.  Was curious where Rivals and Scout would have us ranked, especially considering the drama we have had the past few weeks.

Scout 51 (Note the following rankings also, UCF 55, Cinci 52, Syra 58, Rutgers 63, UConn 69)

Rivals  58 (note UCF is ranked at 53 on there, but Cinci is 69, UConn 78, Rutgers 89)

I guess asssuming all of the guys who said they will sign, actually sign, we won't do too bad, considering the situation.  Also, it is interesting that one of these has Rutgers at 63, and the other at 89 - 26 points higher.  Cinci is 17 places different between the polls.  Also, in one UCF is ahead of us, and in the other they trail us. 

I guess you really cannot put too much into these but suffice to say it would be better to be in the top 20, than in the 50's.  Being in Florida, would be nice if we could do a little better and get back to the 30's like last year. 

• Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

after the top 10...i dont think there is much to be said about these rankings....

why too much speculation and different opinions.

• Content Count:  684

Also, ESPN has their own scouting report. ESPN Top 150 as well...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

Rivals  58 (note UCF is ranked at 53 on there, but Cinci is 69, UConn 78, Rutgers 89)

UCF is ranked higher because they have 5 more commitments .... which is the same reason we won't get as high as last year. I don't think we'll be signing the full 25 this year .... I may be wrong on that.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

So it is Jan 20th.  Was curious where Rivals and Scout would have us ranked, especially considering the drama we have had the past few weeks.

Scout 51 (Note the following rankings also, UCF 55, Cinci 52, Syra 58, Rutgers 63, UConn 69)

I guess asssuming all of the guys who said they will sign, actually sign, we won't do too bad, considering the situation.  Also, it is interesting that one of these has Rutgers at 63, and the other at 89 - 26 points higher.  Cinci is 17 places different between the polls.  Also, in one UCF is ahead of us, and in the other they trail us. 

I guess you really cannot put too much into these but suffice to say it would be better to be in the top 20, than in the 50's.  Being in Florida, would be nice if we could do a little better and get back to the 30's like last year. 

The reason it's not in the 30s is due to the small class, pure and simple.  If we had 10-15 more commits like a normal year, the rankings would be much lower.  End of story.

• Content Count:  1,037

I think we sign 13-15 players tops. This may one of the smallest classes we have ever had.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

And we'll have lots of achollys opening up next season.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I mean...are there really any necessities to fill in this off-season besides back-up QB (Carnes) and OL (6 recruits)?

I'm not too worried.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Our ranking will be low based on the number of signees.

• Content Count:  1,757

I mean...are there really any necessities to fill in this off-season besides back-up QB (Carnes) and OL (6 recruits)?

I'm not too worried.

Not this year, but these recruits feed the program 2-3 years down the line

Archived