• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm suddenly very excited about USF football again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  1

I'm very excited. In a weird kind of way, USF feels more mature as a football team now that we've got a second coach. There's a line of demarcation now, the Leavitt era and the Holtz era, which to me anyway makes us feel more established. That's totally intangible, I know, and probably illogical. But it's just a feeling. And the excitement of a whole new staff and system . . . that's just awesome.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I'm ready for that first kick-off, I wanted this guy all along and hopefully this is the corner we have needed to turn and we can stop asking the question, "are we there yet?" 

Would love to see him put in an appearance @ the B-Ball game on Saturday night.  I for one would be giving him a standing ovation!

So in answer to that statement H - - - YES!

• Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

Not that I wasn't excited before. But bringing in a new HC, and all the unknowns that go along with it, has got me dreaming big again.  When I first saw Holtz's name mentioned, all I could think was "FAIL," (admittedly, out of ignorance...I was hoping for a name like Tuberville or Dungy) but after watching every youtube video of him I could find, and pondering his record, I'm beginning to wonder if he's not exactly what we've been waiting for. It took someone of Leavitt's passion and dedication to get USF on its legs. But the challenge has changed dramatically. Before, those emotional upset wins were what made our program (Louisville, Auburn, WVU, FSU etc). But now we need something different. We need consistency. We need media friendliness. We need sound X's and O's. Holtz brings all of those things to the table. Recruiting is a question mark, but if we start squeezing the true potential out of our existing talent the wins will come, and the recruits will follow.

Here's hoping that all our dreams come true. Go Bulls

+100000000, Well said Griggsy

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

He's not Rick Stockstill but I'll give him a chance ...

• Content Count:  4,879

best solution of current possibilites

• Content Count:  393

I was hoping for a bigger name. However, Skip Holtz will hopefully become a big name by bringing much success to USF footbull!

• Content Count:  425

I like the last name and the fact that his father is Lou Holtz, who had a record of 249-132-7 as a college football coach (wikipedia). In a way we now have blood lines into the ESPN family, which isn't a bad thing. Also, when doing my Internet research, I noticed that "Skip Holtz" is currently #4 on the Yahoo most searched today! Bulls fans doing their research....Go Bulls!!!

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Everybody always get excited about the new guy coming in. Really nothing out of the ordinary here. Natural human reaction.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will now be transformed into a real football program that will compete for big east crown

what an exciting time

Archived