• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm suddenly very excited about USF football again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Everybody always get excited about the new guy coming in. Really nothing out of the ordinary here. Natural human reaction.

people  are excited because  usf was mediocre the last couple of years and underachieved

most now think usf willl reach full potential under dr lou's son

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Thrilled.

Not worried about recruiting. We've all heard him speak and every report I can find says he's as honest as thy get. What high school coach wouldn't want his kids to be coached by someone like that? An honest guy that knows X's and O's!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

Me too, really ready to turn the page on this nightmare and can't wait until the Fall. Only wish the program was big enough now to have the spring game televised nationally on ESPN like some are. Like to see it, but up in Atlanta. 

No excuses.  It's about a 7 - 8 hour drive.  Game is at night, drive home next day.  Solved.

The interesting thing about the spring game is BJ will be playing QB for both sides.

• Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz was in my Top 3 and I'm glad that he was hired because he's moving UP the ranks. Some of the other coaches just have too much baggage. And, have some inside on why one of the coaches some of you wanted hired was fired from a previous gig. Know it's true and had nothing to do with the team's record. Glad he wasn't. 

Hope that Holtz doesn't just use USF as a 'stepping stone' for another job. But, for that to happen, he'd have to have some decent success here first. And, these days, no one is a sure thing to stay forever - pretty much wherever they coach.

Regardless, impressed USF made such a seemingly nice hire so quickly. 

Archived