• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An Open Letter to Coach Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  24
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I just want to let you know Mizzou is real deal.  I too have known Jim for well, number of years. Bantering is fun, but seriously, my heart goes out to Jim.  This was not a job, but his life. He truly loved his players.  This whole deal, just unbelievable. But again, Mizzou is credible. Old friends sometimes tuen out to be the real friends.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Well, I just want to let you know Mizzou is real deal.  I too have known Jim for well, number of years. Bantering is fun, but seriously, my heart goes out to Jim.  This was not a job, but his life. He truly loved his players.  This whole deal, just unbelievable. But again, Mizzou is credible. Old friends sometimes tuen out to be the real friends.

We appreciate that.  If Mizzou could turn down the rhetoric a notch, and post something meaningful, many of us may appreciate having him around.  A the moment, there is enough noise aroun here without his poking an prodding.

Perhaps you could help redirect his energies.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Well-written letter Grateful Dad, and I respect your opinion greatly.

However, I respectfully disagree, and take Mizzou's side on this one. I'm disappointed in the way things were done, and I think it's only fair Leavitt goes after the money he is contractually owed. USF should have sacked up and told him they were canning him for the real reasons they were canning him - not because he "slapped a kid" or "tampered with the evidence." He would have gotten fired a long time ago for headbutting, or making players do gassers all day, or tackling players during demonstrations, or any number of other physical interactions. But USF didn't sack up, instead, they put out a sham investigation and a sham excuse for firing him. I love my university, but they're in the wrong here, and they look completely spineless for it.

Go Get 'Em, Leavitt. We're not going to a BCS bowl next year anyway...

• Content Count:  7,040

Dad,

Will you be enclosing a check from the University for $7,100,000.00 with that letter?

Now...Will you be writing an open letter to Woolard and Genshaft asking for that check?

who are you? identify yourself. What is your intent in becoming a member of this board?

My intent here is to defend Truth, Justice and the American Way!

captain-america.jpg

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Dad,

Will you be enclosing a check from the University for $7,100,000.00 with that letter?

Now...Will you be writing an open letter to Woolard and Genshaft asking for that check?

who are you? identify yourself. What is your intent in becoming a member of this board?

Yet you do none of that. You just attack every notion that Leaviit did something wrong and was rightly dismissed. When he goes to court and loses, what next for you? BTW, did you know Nixon too?

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

We appreciate that.  If Mizzou could turn down the rhetoric a notch, and post something meaningful, many of us may appreciate having him around.  A the moment, there is enough noise aroun here without his poking an prodding.

Perhaps you could help redirect his energies.

Sorry, DB, but I did warn you that life has made me cynical and I'll be the first to admit I do have a flair for rhetoric.  Old habits are hard to break, but I'm trying.

I would disagree with you that I have not posted a lot that is meaningful.  Just because you don't want to hear it does not make it untrue.  I do poke and prod you Bulls a lot because I  am trying to get you to think and not just follow the herd mentalality...****...I did it again.  Oh, well...I think you get the point.

So you are the only one here thinking? What did we do without you before you came? You are beating a dead horse. Leavitt is gone and not coming back. No matter what, no more Leavitt. You deride every replacement mentioned. You deride the future of the program and deride the football facilities, andI would imagine you have never seen or stepped foot in before. Go be cynical about the Tigers, a consistently mediocre Big 12 team. Maybe Leavitt can get a job there, lol.  GO NAVY!

Final Big 12 Power Rankings from ESPN

6. Missouri: As well as the Tigers played at times during the season, their season was marked by their fourth-quarter home collapse against Nebraska and their confounding Texas Bowl upset loss to Navy. Truthfully, it was expected to be a rebuilding year after losing Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin and Co., but some of that was lost after a four-game winning streak to start the season. Blaine Gabbert surpassed expectations and is in line to become the conference’s best quarterback over the next couple of years. And Danario Alexander was the best receiver in the nation over the second half of the season. Defensive woes hurt them, but Gabbert’s return and some young defensive talent should have the Tigers pointed to improvement next season and maybe a challenge at the North title.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,584
  • Days Won:  423

Dad,

captain-america.jpg

I believe that was Superman's motto .... at least, on the tv show.

• Content Count:  7,040

Dad,

captain-america.jpg

I believe that was Superman's motto .... at least, on the tv show.

my bad....for some reason I was thinking it was capt. america

Archived