• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

An Open Letter to Coach Leavitt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Well, I just want to let you know Mizzou is real deal.  I too have known Jim for well, number of years. Bantering is fun, but seriously, my heart goes out to Jim.  This was not a job, but his life. He truly loved his players.  This whole deal, just unbelievable. But again, Mizzou is credible. Old friends sometimes tuen out to be the real friends.

We appreciate that.  If Mizzou could turn down the rhetoric a notch, and post something meaningful, many of us may appreciate having him around.  A the moment, there is enough noise aroun here without his poking an prodding.

Perhaps you could help redirect his energies.

Sorry, DB, but I did warn you that life has made me cynical and I'll be the first to admit I do have a flair for rhetoric.  Old habits are hard to break, but I'm trying.

I would disagree with you that I have not posted a lot that is meaningful.  Just because you don't want to hear it does not make it untrue.  I do poke and prod you Bulls a lot because I  am trying to get you to think and not just follow the herd mentalality...****...I did it again.  Oh, well...I think you get the point.

So you are the only one here thinking? What did we do without you before you came? You are beating a dead horse. Leavitt is gone and not coming back. No matter what, no more Leavitt. You deride every replacement mentioned. You deride the future of the program and deride the football facilities, andI would imagine you have never seen or stepped foot in before. Go be cynical about the Tigers, a consistently mediocre Big 12 team. Maybe Leavitt can get a job there, lol.  GO NAVY!

Final Big 12 Power Rankings from ESPN

6. Missouri: As well as the Tigers played at times during the season, their season was marked by their fourth-quarter home collapse against Nebraska and their confounding Texas Bowl upset loss to Navy. Truthfully, it was expected to be a rebuilding year after losing Chase Daniel, Jeremy Maclin and Co., but some of that was lost after a four-game winning streak to start the season. Blaine Gabbert surpassed expectations and is in line to become the conference’s best quarterback over the next couple of years. And Danario Alexander was the best receiver in the nation over the second half of the season. Defensive woes hurt them, but Gabbert’s return and some young defensive talent should have the Tigers pointed to improvement next season and maybe a challenge at the North title.

Why do I even bother with such as person with so much malice in their heart?  Why are you so hateful?  What is YOUR connection to USF?

I have been inside USF's facilities from trailers to Jim's latest office.  I have followed USF's progress from nothingness and been to USF games.  I also have a lot more information than do you, so even though I am somewhat biased in favor of Jim, I think my stance is based on reason, logic, experience in college football and the law rather than hate and emotion.

And don't think you can upset me with Mizzou's latest shortcomings.  I opposed the hiring of Gary Pinkel and fought to have Mizzou hire Leavitt.  Everything you just posted supports my beliefs.

I am an alumni. From the days back when we were happy to have our men's BB team invited to the NIT. Back when no one thought there would be a football team, before Raymond James was even built. So my ties go way back before yours. I have no malice. I supported Leavitt right up until the report came out. That was it. And if your stance is based on what you say it is, why, after the man was fired for cause, are you still here deriding the program and any future coach? Sorry, you answered it, its your bias for 1 man. I am biased for the entire school and its students, not a King Bully coach.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived