• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jerrel Young on the record

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

As so many have suggested, perhaps you, me and everyone else should speak for themself and not others.  I have not once suggested what one of you think, but I keep reading where others make their whole argument assuming they know what others think about the matter.  Make your own case, debate it and move on.  No need to resort to assuming other people have wrong or deficient thoughts - more hearsay.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

This is a HUGE blow towards any action being taken against CJL.  When you're talking about a max exodus of players if you get rid of the coach, that's pretty strong stuff and would be a program killer if you called their bluff and they followed through.  Especially when it's going to drag top recruits with them like Carnes.  If you see the majority of folks in that room copy this statement, no way they get rid of CJL.

It's not an idle threat, as Carnes just started talking about possibly taking some other official visits according to Rivals today.

Mama, it may not be an idle threat, but I sincerely hope that the outcome of USF's investigation, at least as far as what they decide to do with respect to CJL, is not impacted by the prospects of whether a high school player decides to come to USF or not.  We didn't cow to that type of pressure before (see Broadnax, Horace), and I would hope that we never do so.

USFFan

• Content Count:  720

It's been the same 4-5 guys supporting CJL from the start. I wonder what Woolard thinks about Young speaking out when he was told not to and threatening to leave the team if CJL goes. Honestly wasn't it Young who got burnt by Collaras? Yep! Also the threat of telling Carnes not to come here. Who does this kid think he is?

Just like Erskin,  you are going after Jerrell Young with heresay for getting burnt by Collaros when it was Nate Allen who missed the tackle.  Jerrell Young crossed over from the other side of the field to try to run him down.  Below,  he is the link of the visual account of the situation(which by the way could be used in court just like Jerrell's account(but not Colby's which is heresay)):

Thank you for putting up video proof that I'm right. Young was on the right hash mark at the 50 and Collaros was in the center of the hash marks on the 40 when Young keyed in on him as the runner. So Collaros burnt him from the 45 all the way till the 3 where Collaros almost tripped and the Young closed the gap.

• Content Count:  72

you guys are idiots, the locker room is broken down so that linemen are with linemen and so forth.  Position coaches talk to them and then leavitt give his insane speeches to everyone.  I've been told by people who were there and did see this that jerrel young was not near the incident

• Content Count:  228

Jeff, you idiot, why don't  you diagram where everyone sits in the locker room at half time.

Jerrell Young's version makes PERFECT sense. Erskin is a punk and snitch who was not EVEN in the locker room

STFU!

• Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

"I've talked to a bunch of players, and if Coach Leavitt leaves, there's a (good) chance I'm leaving, and there's a lot of players, as a matter of fact a lot of stars on the team saying they'd leave too," Young said. "There's a lot of recruits, like my little brother, (Bradenton quarterback) Brion Carnes. I would not let him come here if another coach came in here. I came here for him, and a lot of other players too."

Jerrell has just stated his agenda.  Keep leavitt here at all costs.  Even if it means sacrificing his morals and lying through his teeth.

LOL, Amazing this board is reaching new lows fast

• Content Count:  720

Let me just clear up that though I'm not a CJL supporter I due want the investigation to be thorough and if he's cleared it'll be good enough for me.

I have an issue with CJL's performance, not so much his antics. However; I do not like this rhetoric out of and mediocre DB's mouth. My wife and I are both alumni, donors, and hold 10 season tickets and I don't like kids possibly tampering with recruits. Yes, he's related but, to blatantly come out and say "I'll tell him not to come here" irritates me. USF football will be here without CJL, Jerrel Young, or Brion Carnes.

But that's the way recruiting works.  Will you complain if Terrence Mitchell (4star CB from Hillsborough) commits here because he hears from his cousin Lindsay Lamar how great it is and how great the coaches are?  Nope, and neither will I.  

I do not expect that Jerrel will end up leaving even if leavitt goes, but he's a college kid that is emotionally invested in this and said what was on his mind if leavitt was fired.  

Inticing your cousin to come to USF isn't tampering with recruits. To me "tampering" is negative. If we loose Carnes then I would imagine we have no shot at Sanders either.

You're asking for a practical impossibility.  To the extent we have a shot at Sanders it would be while Carnes was still committed.

Sanjay, I wasn't asking for anything in that comment. I simply said that I use the word tampering in a negative light and that if we lose Carnes' commitment we probably have no shot at getting Sanders. Maybe you misread my post of I am misreading yours....lol

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Not for nothing, but does mentioning recruits names pose any NCAA issues for us? I know coaches can't talk about recruits until they sign, is it OK for players to talk about recruits by name?

Kudos to Young for standing up. Hopefully Woolard punishes him publicly, but doesn't make it too harsh. Gotta prove that "hes the most powerful man in the building"

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

you guys are idiots, the locker room is broken down so that linemen are with linemen and so forth.  Position coaches talk to them and then leavitt give his insane speeches to everyone.  I've been told by people who were there and did see this that jerrel young was not near the incident

;D

• Content Count:  98

looks as if lmiusf right about that play.  Bad angle and not enough speed by Jerrel, and yes allen missed the tackle, kion wilson got pancaked by the center, etc.  who cares

All of that stuff is completely irrelevant, however.  It doesn't matter who is good, who sucks, and who is inbetween.   What matters is the truth.....and if Leavitt did do this then the new coach might come in and clean house.

By the way wasn't jerrel a signee in the class of 2006, and Leavitt held a scholarship for him for two years. Didn't Christopher Robinson state how Leavitt turned his life around and wouldn't be here without him. Yah he got Chris back into school when he was flunking out. So everyone that has  stood up for Leavitt are players that needed Leavitt when they were in a bind. Now the shoe is on the other foot and Leavitt needs them. It makes perfect sense

Archived