• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jerrel Young on the record

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  720
  • Days Won:  0

Let me just clear up that though I'm not a CJL supporter I due want the investigation to be thorough and if he's cleared it'll be good enough for me.

I have an issue with CJL's performance, not so much his antics. However; I do not like this rhetoric out of and mediocre DB's mouth. My wife and I are both alumni, donors, and hold 10 season tickets and I don't like kids possibly tampering with recruits. Yes, he's related but, to blatantly come out and say "I'll tell him not to come here" irritates me. USF football will be here without CJL, Jerrel Young, or Brion Carnes.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,024
  • Days Won:  469

Defensive backs are no where near the running backs in the locker room.  Jerrel Young was not in position to see anything.  The truth is still going to come out.

Another guy that wasn't there that knows everything.

So Jerome Murphy wasn't there either?  That would be easy for Greg to corroborate I would imagine.  Leavitt talked to both Miller and Murphy in the same spot according to the story, but you say that's impossible because, what... you have a seating chart or something?

So now we've got Young lying and perhaps Greg Auman too?  Maybe he made up the part about Murphy - you know these reporters!

::)

modified by bulliever to fix typo (according)

It's been the same 4-5 guys supporting CJL from the start. I wonder what Woolard thinks about Young speaking out when he was told not to and threatening to leave the team if CJL goes. Honestly wasn't it Young who got burnt by Collaras? Yep! Also the threat of telling Carnes not to come here. Who does this kid think he is?

Yeah, let's attack the guy...unlike Erskin, there aren't holes throughout his story, so you're gonna rip his on field performance.  Classy.

I didn't attack his on feild performance. I simply stated a fact.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Let me just clear up that though I'm not a CJL supporter I due want the investigation to be thorough and if he's cleared it'll be good enough for me.

I have an issue with CJL's performance, not so much his antics. However; I do not like this rhetoric out of and mediocre DB's mouth. My wife and I are both alumni, donors, and hold 10 season tickets and I don't like kids possibly tampering with recruits. Yes, he's related but, to blatantly come out and say "I'll tell him not to come here" irritates me. USF football will be here without CJL, Jerrel Young, or Brion Carnes.

But that's the way recruiting works.  Will you complain if Terrence Mitchell (4star CB from Hillsborough) commits here because he hears from his cousin Lindsay Lamar how great it is and how great the coaches are?  Nope, and neither will I.  

I do not expect that Jerrel will end up leaving even if leavitt goes, but he's a college kid that is emotionally invested in this and said what was on his mind if leavitt was fired.  

• Content Count:  21,329
  • Days Won:  10

Defensive backs are no where near the running backs in the locker room.  Jerrel Young was not in position to see anything.  The truth is still going to come out.

Jeff, how do you know where people sit in the Raymond James locker room?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,024
  • Days Won:  469

It's been the same 4-5 guys supporting CJL from the start. I wonder what Woolard thinks about Young speaking out when he was told not to and threatening to leave the team if CJL goes. Honestly wasn't it Young who got burnt by Collaras? Yep! Also the threat of telling Carnes not to come here. Who does this kid think he is?

Yeah, let's attack the guy...unlike Erskin, there aren't holes throughout his story, so you're gonna rip his on field performance.  Classy.

What did his on field performance have to do with him making a statement about Leavitt?

Another guy that wasn't there that knows everything.

So Jerome Murphy wasn't there either?  That would be easy for Greg to corroborate I would imagine.  Leavitt talked to both Miller and Murphy in the same spot according to the story, but you say that's impossible because, what... you have a seating chart or something?

So now we've got Young lying and perhaps Greg Auman too?  Maybe he made up the part about Murphy - you know these reporters!

::)

modified by bulliever to fix typo (according)

Jerrel said that Murph was sitting with Miller. Auman didn't say that. It was in a quote from Jerrell.  So if Jerrel is lying that really isn't on Auman.

But that's the way recruiting works.  Will you complain if Terrence Mitchell (4star CB from Hillsborough) commits here because he hears from his cousin Lindsay Lamar how great it is and how great the coaches are?  Nope, and neither will I.  

I do not expect that Jerrel will end up leaving even if leavitt goes, but he's a college kid that is emotionally invested in this and said what was on his mind if leavitt was fired.  

Inticing your cousin to come to USF isn't tampering with recruits. To me "tampering" is negative. If we loose Carnes then I would imagine we have no shot at Sanders either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,605
  • Days Won:  424

Jerrell has just stated his agenda.  Keep leavitt here at all costs.  Even if it means sacrificing his morals and lying through his teeth.

So his agenda includes wanting to play for a coach that chokes and slaps his players ....... Seriously, do some of you bother to step back and think before posting?

What did his on field performance have to do with him making a statement about Leavitt?

It had nothing to do with his statement on Leavitt. It had to do with his statement that he would leave the team.

Archived