• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is everyone so in love with CJL???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  578
  • Days Won:  0

If this investigation didn't come up, Jim Leavitt is coaching next year no matter what. <--- Read that again.

This investigation isn't so we can get rid of a coach that hasn't lived up to some people's expectations. If he did something wrong he'll be gone, but only because of that and not because he didn't beat Rutgers like you wanted. The fact people want the school to get rid of him without finishing the investigation is so effing pathetic.

I'd love to figure out why the team falls off down the stretch and I would love to get some new blood in here. In fact, I wanted Charlie Strong really bad. But not this way. You don't use a claim like this to push your agenda. USF isn't a school that can eat a buyout of any sort so we would have never terminated coach Leavitt before his contract was up without cause.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Not enough time to list all the reasons, but here are a few highlights for me:

1) We have moved so quickly into a BCS program, playing and defeating top-tier teams every year.  Say what you want about things slowing down the last couple of years, they have only slowed in comparison to the meteoric rise we experienced in infancy.  If you told me when we started playing football this is where we would be in 2010 and we'd only had one coach for the entire time, I'd have told you to give him a 10 year extension.

2) Jim Leavitt truly loves USF.  That may not mean much to some, but it means a lot to me.  When you get to the level we are at (mid-level BCS) some coaches see it as a proving ground to head for the Texas/Florida/Notre Dame type schools.  Leavitt has turned down those schools before to stay at USF.

3) Leavitt is an active support of all sports and academics at USF.  He openly pushed for the new baseball/softball stadium which was badly needed.  I think this relates a bit to number two in that he truly loves USF (not just USF Football).

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

1) We have moved so quickly into a BCS program, playing and defeating top-tier teams every year.  Say what you want about things slowing down the last couple of years, they have only slowed in comparison to the meteoric rise we experienced in infancy.  If you told me when we started playing football this is where we would be in 2010 and we'd only had one coach for the entire time, I'd have told you to give him a 10 year extension.

2) Jim Leavitt truly loves USF.  That may not mean much to some, but it means a lot to me.  When you get to the level we are at (mid-level BCS) some coaches see it as a proving ground to head for the Texas/Florida/Notre Dame type schools.  Leavitt has turned down those schools before to stay at USF.

3) Leavitt is an active support of all sports and academics at USF.  He openly pushed for the new baseball/softball stadium which was badly needed.  I think this relates a bit to number two in that he truly loves USF (not just USF Football).

+1!

Very well put, Leavitt is the Face of USF football.  He is so important to this program and has done such a great job over the last 13 years.

• Content Count:  1,633

It hasnt just been this year. We never competed in CUSA in football. We havent been better than a tie for third place in the Big East in 5 years. The best we did in CUSA was a tie for third place. When should we expect to compete for a Big East championship? Next year? 5 more years?

For a team with the talent that this team has, we should not get blown out in conference games. We should compete in every game. We dont.

At least with the basketball team we see improvement with Coach Heath.

No such luck with the football team.

Constant mediocrity.

• Content Count:  1,633

He turned down Florida and Notre Dame? Really?

Where did that info come from?

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

He turned down Florida and Notre Dame? Really?

Where did that info come from?

He turned down Alabama.  I am sure someone around has more knowledge than I have the situation, but I have been told he was keeping the offer paper in his desk to show to recruits (a few years back when he thought he still needed the credibility).

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

This is the most sensible post I have seen for days.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Why is this an ignorant rant?  Dude should be fired for his on field performance let alone the accusation and investigation of him choking and striking a player.  

I'm in love with this country.  In this country, we are innocent until proven guilty.  Any perceived defense I make of Leavitt is really a defense of the process on my part.  I absolutely despise when people make assumptions, especially about someones guilt.  People should never be fired or publicly admonished for being ACCUSED of something.  They should only be fired for having done something wrong.  If Leavitt really struck Miller, he should be gone.  But after almost 250 years of this country, we should have learned that many people accused of wrongdoing are falsely accused.  They should get their due process.

Ask the Duke Lacrosse team what happens when the press and public run with accusations that have been lightly investigated.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It hasnt just been this year. We never competed in CUSA in football. We havent been better than a tie for third place in the Big East in 5 years. The best we did in CUSA was a tie for third place. When should we expect to compete for a Big East championship? Next year? 5 more years?

I know our history quite well.

For a team with the talent that this team has, we should not get blown out in conference games. We should compete in every game. We dont.

Most of the coaches of the Big East alone disagree with you.

At least with the basketball team we see improvement with Coach Heath.

Well, yes he did inherit a program that was winning only 2-4 conference games and has us up to what 5-6?  Leavitt never had suck low depths to recover from.

No such luck with the football team.

Constant mediocrity.

You can call it that.  Most would say it was the absence of mediocrity that formed this crisis of mediocrity.  We are not growing as fast as we did through I-AA, and I-A indy...Had we kept our course we'd probably have 5 BE titles and a couple of Nat championships now.

Archived