• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is everyone so in love with CJL???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think I've said anything about firing him for smacking a kid.

I think he should be gone because we haven't ever done better than 4-3 in the Big East. I think he should be fired because our team is inconsistent and undisciplined.

I think Leavitt has brought this team as far as he can, and after we go 8-4, get blown out a couple of more times, and end up in some dumb, irrelevant bowl game again, maybe some of you guys will change you opinion.

Then again, maybe not. Maybe some of you guys are happy with 8-4 and 3rd place in the Big East.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Then again, maybe not. Maybe some of you guys are happy with 8-4 and 3rd place in the Big East.

Maybe?  They are.

you will hear, your expectations as a fan are unreal.  ::)

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I think he should be gone because we haven't ever done better than 4-3 in the Big East. I think he should be fired because our team is inconsistent and undisciplined.

I think Leavitt has brought this team as far as he can, and after we go 8-4, get blown out a couple of more times, and end up in some dumb, irrelevant bowl game again, maybe some of you guys will change you opinion.

He obviously isn't going to be fired this year for performance.  I believe you lumped in the investigation as another reason he should be fired.  Since there is zero chance he gets fired for performance, the only relevant thing to talk about is people defending Leavitt with regard to the investigation.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Bruce, one can come to grips with reality without accepting "mediocrity".

If you or the bouncer tell me that the simple change of a head coach would get us the BE championship next year, I'd say let's do it.  A national championship couldn't be too far away then either.

• Content Count:  1,894

but we have won 6 mediocre games and go to a mediocre bowl. Cant we just be happy with that?...haha thats not exactly how you will hear it but thats the case. Obviously they wouldnt be saying this if we were 5-7 or something but the point is with our annual 2 weak teams we are right there. In all honesty they are one season worse then this away from jumping ship i garuntee you. Im over the love fest. I used to think he was the guy. No longer. Our consistant undisciplined play combined with lack of X'S AND O'S which is the biggest part is beyond ignorning. Let me repeat...HE HAS DONE A PHENOMINAL JOB building it to where he has. This is where it ends. I laugh when someone says that the reason why people say this is they hate CJL. Its so far from the truth.

How much longer do you want to stay with him?

If we go 8-3, maybe 9-3 over the next 5 years should we still keep him?

I want to see a better product on the field. The players change year after year, but the coach hasn't. We still are undisciplined. We are still inconsistent. Can we blame a group of kids whose faces change every year?

You guys can keep drinking the CJL Kool-Aid, but I'm over it. It's way too expensive to buy season tickets every year to be disappointed. It's too expensive to take road trips to travel and get blown out 31-0 (Yeah, I was there for that).

Saying that, of course I'll be there in section 120, just like I have been the past few years. Yes, I'll go and take my 2-3 road trips a year, but I'll be cheering for the team. Not the coach.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It ain't kool-aid bull brother..it's analysis.  I think cooler heads understand his contract and when he would be considered for a renewal and where we would need to be at that point.  It's done the way it is for a reason.  It's not how some would have you believe - that no one on Fowler is driving the program. 

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I love when people point out that we "never competed in C-USA".

First, the year that they wouldn't let us in, we were 9-2 with wins over every C-USA program we played (2-3 I think).

Second, we were in the conference for what, 2 years? Yeah, thats a good comparison there guys. You may as well say that we've never competed for the ACC championship either.

When we were in C-USA, UL was a top-15 type program, we beat them one year. Not to mention that it was our first 3 years of 1A football, playing with 1AA players mostly.

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I think he should be gone because we haven't ever done better than 4-3 in the Big East. I think he should be fired because our team is[glow=red,2,300] inconsistent and undisciplined . [/glow]

I think[glow=red,2,300]  Leavitt has brought this team as far as he can,[/glow] and after we go 8-4, get blown out a couple of more times, and end up in some dumb, irrelevant bowl game again, maybe some of you guys will change you opinion.

+1

I love when people point out that we "never competed in C-USA".

First, the year that they wouldn't let us in, we were 9-2 with wins over every C-USA program we played (2-3 I think).

Second, we were in the conference for what, 2 years? Yeah, thats a good comparison there guys. You may as well say that we've never competed for the ACC championship either.

When we were in C-USA, UL was a top-15 type program, we beat them one year. Not to mention that it was our first 3 years of 1A football, playing with 1AA players mostly.

In CUSA, we went 7-4 then 4-7, going 5-3 then 3-5. The best we did in our two years of CUSA....tied for third.

Archived