• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is everyone so in love with CJL???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Really, what has he done? Every year, our team is inconsistent, undisciplined, and very average. We seem to recruit good talent, but that talent never develops. Those are marks of poor coaching/coaches.

I appreciate him that he started our program, and has brought it up from the doldrums of 1-AA, CUSA and now into the Big East, but this ship needs a new captain.

Toodles Jim, thanks for what you have done, but it's time to get the hell out.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

This issue has nothing to do with on the field performance.  I have issues with his coaching right now, but I know this crap coming out now is bull and is not how he should be let go of.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Here we go with another goofy thread...

Wanting a fair hearing or investigation before burning him (or anyone else) at the stake is not love or an offshoot of being in love.

But for thebouncer1898, if you're in love with Jim Leavitt, please proudly proclaim it here and now.  Don't be embarrassed.  It's okay to love another man.

Again, you are talking about the off the field nonsense. I believe all I brought up was the pile of crap that is on the field every week, that all of us pay a lot of money to be disappointed in.

You cant tell me you are happy with choking down the stretch every year, and playing in the garbage bowl in Toronto.....

• Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What Bulliever and outrunner said.  Try and show a little more class and respect for your team's coach than that ignorant rant. 

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Why is this an ignorant rant?  Dude should be fired for his on field performance let alone the accusation and invetigation of him choking and striking a player.  

What's ignorant about a team that stinks down the stretch? You cant tell me that those miserable efforts against Pitt, Miami, and Rutgers weren't a little disappointing.

Really, what has he done? Every year, our team is inconsistent, undisciplined, and very average. We seem to recruit good talent, but that talent never develops. Those are marks of poor coaching/coaches.

I appreciate him that he started our program, and has brought it up from the doldrums of 1-AA, CUSA and now into the Big East, but this ship needs a new captain.

Toodles Jim, thanks for what you have done, but it's time to get the hell out.

There ya go, Mikey-Poo....is that better?

• Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

whomever owns this board should get some google banner ads up. all the lurkers are coming out of the woodwork to put in their two pennies, might as well make a few pennies for every view :D

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Again, you are talking about the off the field nonsense. I believe all I brought up was the pile of crap that is on the field every week, that all of us pay a lot of money to be disappointed in.

You cant tell me you are happy with choking down the stretch every year, and playing in the garbage bowl in Toronto.....

I am as upset with football as I am with basketball and baseball.

We've had better accolades in football, reached higher levels, and brought in more money than the other two (or all) sports combined.  Yeah, I guess I can be pissed if I demanded something like the BE championship this year.

You clearly don't see that it is not "choking down the stretch every year" - it's conference play.  Just like in basketball.  Neither sport will go from below .500 to 1.000 any time soon.  It's reality.  We're not yet ready to compete in the conference we joined in 2005 but football is much closer than basketball.

There were unrealistic expectations for McCullum...it will be another couple years for Heath.  I'm a little more patient.  I don't set expectations unless the inputs are in place to allow those expectations to be met.

Anyway, i don't want to interfere too much here.  I think the gist of your question is why people love Leavitt.  I love my program.  I'll answer that for you in another thread.

Archived