• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Celebrity at ND game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't feel like digging thru 10pages of the game thread to see if this was mentioned, but I spotted a pretty recognizable sport celebrity courtside tonight.

Sweet Lou Piniella graced the sideline tonight. Not sure who he was with, but it was definately him, cause he gave me a thumbs up when he walked by and i said "go cubs."

Guess he still has a home here in Tampa? He's on the left side of the court in the pic, black sweater, starting at the camera.

22050_10100138127757713_5202119_57344250_2924111_n.jpg

• Content Count:  12,293

yea thats lou in the black jacket with the hands held together.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I know he has been to a few football games as well.  Buddy of mine was in the beer line behind him during 2008 season.  Said he was a great guy to talk too - wouldn't even let him buy his beer.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

I know he has been to a few football games as well.  Buddy of mine was in the beer line behind him during 2008 season.  Said he was a great guy to talk too - wouldn't even let him buy his beer.

I saw him b4 Thanksgiving getting stuff @ Honey Baked Ham on Dale Mabry.  Too bad he couldn't have hung around to take the Rays to the series.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Huge Cubs fan here, so thanks for sharing. Hopefully, this is the year!

• Content Count:  2,052

Jeff, be sure it's up on your website! Thanks.  Only problem with the season being over is that I can't cook anymore ribs and chicken for you!  ;D Oh well, get ready for next year.    Reaper

• Content Count:  2,511

I saw him b4 Thanksgiving getting stuff @ Honey Baked Ham on Dale Mabry.  Too bad he couldn't have hung around to take the Rays to the series.

I love Sweet Lou, but he would have never taken the Rays to the World Series or even the playoffs.  Lou is a firery coach that works better with veterans who need a foot up their arse to play better.  The young Rays needed the scientific calculations of Joe Maddon to make that historic playoff run.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Lou is a real Tampa guy.  Used to see him at high school basketball games when his son played at Jesuit.  Bumped into Pinella years ago in a Maas Bros. Christmas time and he signed an  autograph on the back of one of my business cards,  I accidently gave the same business card to a customer the next day by accident--I could have kicked myself good!

• Content Count:  5,241

Im waiting for the Gruden, Josh Freeman and Pinella all sitting next to each other.

Archived