• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Celebrity at ND game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  182
  • Days Won:  0

As a Chicagoian and huge Cubs fan, I wish sweet Lou would have stayed in Tampa, and the Cubs would have went after a fellow Chicago boy, Joe Girardi. Lou codels his superstars way too much, Soriano hits .240 and he continues to play....

• Content Count:  2,511

As a Chicagoian and huge Cubs fan, I wish sweet Lou would have stayed in Tampa, and the Cubs would have went after a fellow Chicago boy, Joe Girardi. Lou codels his superstars way too much, Soriano hits .240 and he continues to play....

Sweet Lou must have mellowed when he went to the Cubs.  That is not how he coached the Rays, the Mariners, the Reds, or the Yankees.

• Content Count:  2,523

I'm a huge Cubs fan as well, but hated to see us miss out on Joe and can't stand the way Lou coaches.  Mainly, I think he's hell on managing a pitching staff and routinely can't judge the "feel" of how the game is going.  Drives me nuts when you bring in a reliever who is "locked in" and he takes him out simply to get a RR or LL matchup vs. leaving the BETTER pitcher in there.  Predictably, I call the disaster right before it happens and it usually does.  Not to mention getting guys up and down, even if for one batter, you might as well leave them in a few innings.  Rest is not throwing at all!  Yet he doesn't get that.  But as far as Soriano is concerned, I have to defend him there as Al is a streaky player.  May not hit for a stretch, then hit 7 homers in 3-4 games.  Overall, he'll put up good numbers on the season.  Just part of having a player like that in the lineup.  My problem is him batting him first when he no longer steals bases.  He's tailor made to hit 5th in a lineup.  That way guys are usually on base and it increases the chance of a passed ball since everyone knows you throw Soriano slider after slider low and away since he can't lay off them.  Maybe with more guys on, it buys him one more fast ball which he can hammer.

Anyway, just my two cents...

Archived