• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stockpiling RBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I will be surprised if you see Ford back next year.  This guy is a disappointment and a screw up so there is no reason to keep him.  He has never produced on the field, been a problem off the field, academic issues, and I think he was a problem at practice.  No more, bring in the newbies that want it, he does not.

Mo has worked his butt off,and should not be tossed out, but I do not know about getting a 6th year for him.

Ok for one, Mike Ford is real deal running back.... as in size and running ability. Two we never used him the right way, which is in the I back with a lot of power and traps and down hill running. Three look how many times did  mike get the ball more then 14 times in a game this year? ONCE!!!!! Which was in the UCONN Game were he went 20 for 79 and touchdown.  Look at 2007 he had 138 attempts for 645 and 12 TD's and that was sharing the load with Ben Williams. I remember that year Mike went for 123 and two touch downs vs SU and he had a lot of carries.  The sad thing this year is that qustionably the most high heralded RB only averages just under six carries a game, as the Monday Night Football Pregame crew would say C'om Man. If you really wanna win bowl game line up and run right up NIU a#% with Richard Kelly at FB and Mike Ford at HB  because as BCS school are Oline should be able dominate the smaller NIU up front.   

Could not agree more about Mike Ford.  He could be a 1200 yard back if focused and used correctly by the coaches.  C'Hatter ya gotta expect some attrition plus 2-3 r'shirts plus 1-2 moved to WR.  Definitely need 6 available.  Didn't the Bulls have 3-4 go down with injury in 2007 too?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  88

I will be surprised if you see Ford back next year.  This guy is a disappointment and a screw up so there is no reason to keep him.  He has never produced on the field, been a problem off the field, academic issues, and I think he was a problem at practice.  No more, bring in the newbies that want it, he does not.

Mo has worked his butt off,and should not be tossed out, but I do not know about getting a 6th year for him.

Ok for one, Mike Ford is real deal running back.... as in size and running ability. Two we never used him the right way, which is in the I back with a lot of power and traps and down hill running. Three look how many times did  mike get the ball more then 14 times in a game this year? ONCE!!!!! Which was in the UCONN Game were he went 20 for 79 and touchdown.  Look at 2007 he had 138 attempts for 645 and 12 TD's and that was sharing the load with Ben Williams. I remember that year Mike went for 123 and two touch downs vs SU and he had a lot of carries.  The sad thing this year is that qustionably the most high heralded RB only averages just under six carries a game, as the Monday Night Football Pregame crew would say C'om Man. If you really wanna win bowl game line up and run right up NIU a#% with Richard Kelly at FB and Mike Ford at HB  because as BCS school are Oline should be able dominate the smaller NIU up front.   

Could not agree more about Mike Ford.  He could be a 1200 yard back if focused and used correctly by the coaches.  C'Hatter ya gotta expect some attrition plus 2-3 r'shirts plus 1-2 moved to WR.  Definitely need 6 available.  Didn't the Bulls have 3-4 go down with injury in 2007 too?

Well Moe was coming off of a knee surgery and Ben Williams , Samuel and J Taylor were there but ford was the main back but somehow we forgot how to use him. Gentlemen take clue from Pitt run the **** ball, ooo with Mike Ford!!!!!

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

Ford and Talyor is perfect for the I-formation offense. They both can run down hill. Taylor has a better second gear then Ford.

• Content Count:  1,985

Wow, that is 4 yards a touch, not what I call stellar.  I have said before, he is the best 3 yard guy there, except when he fumbles, which is in critical plays.  I will give him some room in that without a front line you are not pounding anything up the middle, and that is the problem this year, no front line.  However, Ford cannot get outside, he cannot break the big play.  He has no Hall level plays.  I would like him to be a success, but he isn't.  Add to this the off fleld issues,and I cannot see wasting time on him. 

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

the reason it concerns me is that we have a very limited incoming class and i dont think we have addressed our needs...

i think the coaches are too fascinated RBs...

we really need to lock up a WR as Montague will probly not make grades... We need to add another interior DLINEMAN, im afraid chadler won't stick.

also we really need to address the defensive backfield. I know we have a few guys coming off redshirt but I think it would be really good to grab another safety. Joyce is a tweener safety/LB.

we gotta pray terrence mitchell comes

• Content Count:  693

Wow, that is 4 yards a touch, not what I call stellar.  I have said before, he is the best 3 yard guy there, except when he fumbles, which is in critical plays.  I will give him some room in that without a front line you are not pounding anything up the middle, and that is the problem this year, no front line.  However, Ford cannot get outside, he cannot break the big play.  He has no Hall level plays.  I would like him to be a success, but he isn't.  Add to this the off fleld issues,and I cannot see wasting time on him. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Did you even watch the UCONN game??? He got outside numerous times when there was no hole inside and bounced it out for a pretty nice gain (more than 3 yards). He can get outside if there are people to block for him.

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

the reason it concerns me is that we have a very limited incoming class and i dont think we have addressed our needs...

From Buchalter's lips to G-d's ears.  ;)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/orl-top-100-florida-football-recruits-2009,0,4476133.htmlpage

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

From Buchalter's lips to G-d's ears.  ;)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/orl-top-100-florida-football-recruits-2009,0,4476133.htmlpage

that also lists chandler as a UM commit

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I'm expecting Taylor at LB/NickleBack in the Spring, hope he can stay healthy.

36    Barrington, Sam  LB So

53    Griffiths, Chase  LB So 

11    Joseph, Sabbath  LB Sr 

55    Lanaris, Michael  LB RSo 

34    Lattimore, Devekeyan  LB So 

52    Milk, Matt  LB So 

51    Sanchez, Armando  LB So 

57    Williams, Jacquian  LB Sr

Archived