• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stockpiling RBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I'm expecting Taylor at LB/NickleBack in the Spring, hope he can stay healthy.

36    Barrington, Sam  LB So

53    Griffiths, Chase  LB So 

11    Joseph, Sabbath  LB Sr 

55    Lanaris, Michael  LB RSo 

34    Lattimore, Devekeyan  LB So 

52    Milk, Matt  LB So 

51    Sanchez, Armando  LB So 

57    Williams, Jacquian  LB Sr

You left out two time JUCO All-American Curtis Weatherspoon.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

I will be surprised if you see Ford back next year.  This guy is a disappointment and a screw up so there is no reason to keep him.  He has never produced on the field, been a problem off the field, academic issues, and I think he was a problem at practice.  No more, bring in the newbies that want it, he does not.

Mo has worked his butt off,and should not be tossed out, but I do not know about getting a 6th year for him.

Ok for one, Mike Ford is real deal running back.... as in size and running ability. Two we never used him the right way, which is in the I back with a lot of power and traps and down hill running. Three look how many times did  mike get the ball more then 14 times in a game this year? ONCE!!!!! Which was in the UCONN Game were he went 20 for 79 and touchdown.  Look at 2007 he had 138 attempts for 645 and 12 TD's and that was sharing the load with Ben Williams. I remember that year Mike went for 123 and two touch downs vs SU and he had a lot of carries.  The sad thing this year is that qustionably the most high heralded RB only averages just under six carries a game, as the Monday Night Football Pregame crew would say C'om Man. If you really wanna win bowl game line up and run right up NIU a#% with Richard Kelly at FB and Mike Ford at HB  because as BCS school are Oline should be able dominate the smaller NIU up front.   

Wow, that is 4 yards a touch, not what I call stellar.  I have said before, he is the best 3 yard guy there, except when he fumbles, which is in critical plays.  I will give him some room in that without a front line you are not pounding anything up the middle, and that is the problem this year, no front line.  However, Ford cannot get outside, he cannot break the big play.  He has no Hall level plays.  I would like him to be a success, but he isn't.  Add to this the off fleld issues,and I cannot see wasting time on him. 

Yeah well it is hard to have more then 4 yards a carry when O line is anchored by who, Chaz Hine?? Walk on.... Not taking anything away from Chaz and his story but C'om Man!!! We are BCS School and our oline should not be made up of mis matched players and walk ons..... I do not think the line was that bad when we had a solid college o line coach. Nothing against Big Swed but Frey kinda built some great o lines here and OOO some awesome o lines up in WVU. 

Back to Mike.... mike ford may not have that next gear but he also a power back!!!! OO and he probably has best footwork out our backs and best instincts. No reply needed on this one your talking privileges have been revoked. 

• Content Count:  1,985
  • Days Won:  0

Wow, that is 4 yards a touch, not what I call stellar.  I have said before, he is the best 3 yard guy there, except when he fumbles, which is in critical plays.  I will give him some room in that without a front line you are not pounding anything up the middle, and that is the problem this year, no front line.  However, Ford cannot get outside, he cannot break the big play.  He has no Hall level plays.  I would like him to be a success, but he isn't.  Add to this the off fleld issues,and I cannot see wasting time on him. 

Did you even watch the UCONN game??? He got outside numerous times when there was no hole inside and bounced it out for a pretty nice gain (more than 3 yards). He can get outside if there are people to block for him.

Archived