• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stockpiling RBs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

and then we wont use any of them and our running game will be predictable qb draws.

Dang man - every post I have read today from you is sooooo negative.  Go out and have a Happy New Years and cheer up.

He nailed it though. We have no idea how to use our running backs.

Zero clue, but Im sure it has to do with players not busting their butts in practice and taking the oppurtunity.  No way it has anything to do with coaching.  NO WAY!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Give samuels and Mo the boot, Kelly is really more of a Fullback now anyways.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

and then we wont use any of them and our running game will be predictable qb draws.

Dang man - every post I have read today from you is sooooo negative.  Go out and have a Happy New Years and cheer up.

He's a good guy, just needs to get some.   ;D

haha this is true, its been a little while

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I predict that ATLEAST 1 RB will transfer out between now and next fall.  Also people are saying that we shouldn't count on Bellamy making it here and Powell still has some work to do Academically. 

• Content Count:  1,985

I will be surprised if you see Ford back next year.  This guy is a disappointment and a screw up so there is no reason to keep him.  He has never produced on the field, been a problem off the field, academic issues, and I think he was a problem at practice.  No more, bring in the newbies that want it, he does not.

Mo has worked his butt off,and should not be tossed out, but I do not know about getting a 6th year for him.

• Content Count:  693

It must have been my imagination during the UCONN game that Ford was pounding the ball up and down the field all night against them. He was given an opportunity and he showed that he wants it. Get a RB coach that knows how to use the RB's and I think we will all see more production from everyone at that position.

• Content Count:  4,451

You mean kinda like the stockpile of 2009 when three RBs got injured right out of the gate?

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

You mean kinda like the stockpile of 2009 when three RBs got injured right out of the gate?

right.. because it is normal to have 12

• Content Count:  88

I will be surprised if you see Ford back next year.  This guy is a disappointment and a screw up so there is no reason to keep him.  He has never produced on the field, been a problem off the field, academic issues, and I think he was a problem at practice.  No more, bring in the newbies that want it, he does not.

Mo has worked his butt off,and should not be tossed out, but I do not know about getting a 6th year for him.

Ok for one, Mike Ford is real deal running back.... as in size and running ability. Two we never used him the right way, which is in the I back with a lot of power and traps and down hill running. Three look how many times did  mike get the ball more then 14 times in a game this year? ONCE!!!!! Which was in the UCONN Game were he went 20 for 79 and touchdown.  Look at 2007 he had 138 attempts for 645 and 12 TD's and that was sharing the load with Ben Williams. I remember that year Mike went for 123 and two touch downs vs SU and he had a lot of carries.  The sad thing this year is that qustionably the most high heralded RB only averages just under six carries a game, as the Monday Night Football Pregame crew would say C'om Man. If you really wanna win bowl game line up and run right up NIU a#% with Richard Kelly at FB and Mike Ford at HB  because as BCS school are Oline should be able dominate the smaller NIU up front.   

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I would think that one more screw up and he would be gone but i don't know if the coaches would do that in his final year.  

Archived