• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Quick clip of the Beef Studs on ESPN's "decade of moments"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Wasn't paying attention to much.  But from what I caught, it was talking about the changes in sports over the last decade, then they were talking aobut fans, and then the Studs popped up...  Pretty cool clip.

• Content Count:  2,433

Too bad they couldn't get a shot of real fans instead

• Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. That fan is Angela.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I'm gonna try to get Sports Illustrated or someone to do a piece on the Beef Studs - I think they could be among the largest painted body sections in the nation, if not THE largest. They may not be as famous as the fellas at Duke yet, or some other places. YET. But I suspect they might be the largest in number consistently. And whether you think they're your idols or not, it's pretty cool if we've got that distinction.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

I'm gonna try to get Sports Illustrated or someone to do a piece on the Beef Studs - I think they could be among the largest painted body sections in the nation, if not THE largest. They may not be as famous as the fellas at Duke yet, or some other places. YET. But I suspect they might be the largest in number consistently. And whether you think they're your idols or not, it's pretty cool if we've got that distinction.

Painting your body and acting like a jackhole like the Beef Studs do is probably the gayest thing...ever.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Painting your body and acting like a jackhole like the Beef Studs do is probably the gayest thing...ever.

agreed... On top of that, they have a few people who don't really have any business being half naked and painted.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

agreed... On top of that, they have a few people who don't really have any business being half naked and painted.

+1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Oh, drink your Haterade on your own time. Every school has painted folk, it's just another way to demonstrate school spirit, even if it's not your preferred method. I know there have been some young kids doing a couple of foolish things in the group over the past few years, it certainly wasn't that way when my buddies and I started it. That's what you get when you apply for SG funding and allow absolutely any student who wants to participate. But they've done a much better job the past year or two, I think, of not behaving foolishly, especially once they finally removed a few bad apples giving them a bad name. They've got a decent group in there. I love looking over at them and seeing the large numbers of kids showing school pride, and love that I had a hand in getting it all started.

• Content Count:  2,433

+1

+2

I sat with the beef studs at a soccer game this season and was bored to death because none of them watched the game. They all socialized and only cheered when we had a corner kick or w/e.

The next game I sat with people on the other bleachers behind the goalie and those kids heckled him and cheered throughout the game, you know...like real fans, except they werent painted and looking for camera attention.

• Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I'm all for school spirit...

and that being said...

maybe someone should start a workout regiment for the Beef Studs/Chicks that way the girls can be as curvy as the FSU cowgirls and the dudes can be somewhat jacked.

The definition of stud (right from the dictionary):

Slang

a. A man regarded as virile and sexually active.

b. A man regarded as attractive.

You're awesome FAZA... by starting the studs, you've directly implied you were getting laid in college! The university supported your claims by providing funding for the studs. If I'm joining a school sponsored group as an incoming freshman, anything that implies getting laid gets a thumbs up in my honest opinion! I have new found respect for dirty Dr. Faza (although if I have daughters, I probably won't send them to ya!).  ;D

Archived