• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets say we got an OCS (not an OCS-plea thread I promise)

Would you favor naming the stadium after Leavitt (as of his body of work to this point)  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Just get him a plaque for now, however Its going to be a LONG time before we even consider getting an OCS.

For a Statue, that'll be 2 national titles.

To get the field named after him, that'll be coach at USF until he retires, with several accolades.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Why is Selmon's name being thrown around? I'm younger, but did he ever play/coach at USF? Or is he just some big name guy who donates alot? He already has a toll-heavy raised expressway named after him...let's leave it to some corporate sponsors.

I'd be down for JL field @ so and so Stadium. Like Jim Leavitt Field at SunTrust Stadium.

Then we can give it a Bulls themed nickname, like how UF has 'The Swamp'. It could be The Slaughterhouse, or The Pen.

Welcome to Thunderdome, *****!

Bulls are captive in a pen and are KILLED in a slaughterhouse...

I thought the exact same thing when I read that.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it shouldnt be named for anyone unless they want to pay big money

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

he has built the program from scratch but he needs to accomplish way more to have a field named after him. 

lets start with beating Rutgers or Cincy one year. 

We've done both .... Next?

How soon they forget. :-\  While USF's Big East record is short of stellar, they have indeed defeated every team at least once.

I know we have beaten Cincy and Rutgers way back when but how about recently or in games that count? 

Big East record short of stellar? what about his C-USA record? 5-3 and 3-5.  Lets name the University after him too. 

USF football program, in florida and an easier football conference is like a Ferrari, even the worst drivers could drive it and make it look good sometimes, but wouldnt it be better to have a professional at the wheel?

I am not calling for anything named after him, just pointing out an egregious error (at least as it was written).  I have my issues with Leavitt but I am surprised that USF has had some success without suffering several really bad seasons (only 2004).  Remember when the fans of the established Big East teams lamented USF's inclusion to the conference?  They said that we would be the new Temple.  Many pundits have said that there is no way that USF can get the recruits that UF, FSU, and UM are able to land. In the next breath, these same pundits say that USF has failed since it is so easy to win in Florida. Which is it? These people contradict themselves to suit their particular argument at the moment.  I have nothing but contempt for ones like that.

• Content Count:  4,078

it shouldnt be named for anyone unless they want to pay big money

You are absolutely correct, sir.

• Content Count:  809

Are there any college stadiums out there, with coach statues, of coaches who have NOT won a national championship?

The only statues I know of, are Bear Bryant(Bama), Bobby Bowden(FSU), & Lou Holtz(ND).

• Content Count:  1,400

definitely a statue

then the players could headbutt it on their way to the field :-)

:lol or at least a Bust of his head to save some money

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

he has built the program from scratch but he needs to accomplish way more to have a field named after him. 

How soon they forget. :-\  While USF's Big East record is short of stellar, they have indeed defeated every team at least once.

I know we have beaten Cincy and Rutgers .. 

Then stop making stupid, misleading comments like that ....

• Content Count:  3,084

I know we have beaten Cincy and Rutgers way back when but how about recently or in games that count? 

Big East record short of stellar? what about his C-USA record? 5-3 and 3-5.  Lets name the University after him too. 

USF football program, in florida and an easier football conference is like a Ferrari, even the worst drivers could drive it and make it look good sometimes, but wouldnt it be better to have a professional at the wheel?

Remember when the fans of the established Big East teams lamented USF's inclusion to the conference?  They said that we would be the new Temple.  

I do not remember that but I grew up in the north east where a majority of these schools are located and I can tell you one thing about big east football is it has never been good or cared about.  So those fans were obviously blinded by the institution they were attending. 

• Content Count:  3,084

I know we have beaten Cincy and Rutgers .. 

Then stop making stupid, misleading comments like that ....

I think "stupid" is the wrong term.  Im sure most USF fans cant remember the last time we beat Rutgers or Cincy (05-06, looong time ago), especially if they are students (assuming they are 4 year students).  I mean if you pay attention we get our **** kicked in by them every year. 

Archived