• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets say we got an OCS (not an OCS-plea thread I promise)

Would you favor naming the stadium after Leavitt (as of his body of work to this point)  

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why is Selmon's name being thrown around? I'm younger, but did he ever play/coach at USF? Or is he just some big name guy who donates alot? He already has a toll-heavy raised expressway named after him...let's leave it to some corporate sponsors.

I'd be down for JL field @ so and so Stadium. Like Jim Leavitt Field at SunTrust Stadium.

Then we can give it a Bulls themed nickname, like how UF has 'The Swamp'. It could be The Slaughterhouse, or The Pen.

Welcome to Thunderdome, *****!

Bulls are captive in a pen and are KILLED in a slaughterhouse...

Selmon was Athletic Director at USF for a little while and is head of the Athletic Foundation, and while I appreciate EVERYTHING he has done and still does for USF, he has not earned the stature of naming the stadium.

To make money, the stadium's naming rights will bring in several million a year.  So expect to see "CORPORATE NAME HERE" Stadium at USF.

However, and for those who know history, I would name it after our first president John Allen - out of spite.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

anheiser busch stadium at connect wise field

Guest nybullsfan

However, and for those who know history, I would name it after our first president John Allen - out of spite.

/quote

now that's funny!  :ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

he has built the program from scratch but he needs to accomplish way more to have a field named after him. 

lets start with beating Rutgers or Cincy one year. 

We've done both .... Next?

How soon they forget. :-\  While USF's Big East record is short of stellar, they have indeed defeated every team at least once.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If Leavitt could manage to get to a BCS game or two he would certainly be up for Stadium naming rights.  He would have to do far more than he's done now simply because  it could easily be 20-25 years before a stadium is even a concept.  So, his impression will have to last a long time.

USF wont seriously consider a stadium until donations are increased 1000 fold.

But Jim Leavitt Coca-Cola Stadium could happen.  There's certain to be a corporate sponsor, but you could slam Leavitt's name in there if he earns it.

• Content Count:  4,078

Why is Selmon's name being thrown around? I'm younger, but did he ever play/coach at USF? Or is he just some big name guy who donates alot? He already has a toll-heavy raised expressway named after him...let's leave it to some corporate sponsors.

I'd be down for JL field @ so and so Stadium. Like Jim Leavitt Field at SunTrust Stadium.

Then we can give it a Bulls themed nickname, like how UF has 'The Swamp'. It could be The Slaughterhouse, or The Pen.

Selmon was Athletic Director at USF for a little while and is head of the Athletic Foundation, and while I appreciate EVERYTHING he has done and still does for USF, he has not earned the stature of naming the stadium.

To make money, the stadium's naming rights will bring in several million a year.  So expect to see "CORPORATE NAME HERE" Stadium at USF.

Do you think that he would haunt the place or merely roll over in his grave? :)

• Content Count:  3,084

he has built the program from scratch but he needs to accomplish way more to have a field named after him. 

lets start with beating Rutgers or Cincy one year. 

We've done both .... Next?

How soon they forget. :-\  While USF's Big East record is short of stellar, they have indeed defeated every team at least once.

I know we have beaten Cincy and Rutgers way back when but how about recently or in games that count? 

Big East record short of stellar? what about his C-USA record? 5-3 and 3-5.  Lets name the University after him too. 

USF football program, in florida and an easier football conference is like a Ferrari, even the worst drivers could drive it and make it look good sometimes, but wouldnt it be better to have a professional at the wheel?

• Content Count:  7,890

:ROFLMAO

monk-kick-balls.jpg

• Content Count:  7,693

:2cents

I think at this time Leavitt at least deserves some kind of plaque fixed to the inside of USF's OCS... he did build the program so he at least deserves that much.

If he manages to win the Big East title a handful of times, viz. 5 or 6 times, and manages to win some BCS bowl games as well then he deserves a statue outside the stadium, (like Bobby Bowdens Statue.)

If he manages to score USF a National Championship victory or shot at one (i.e. we make it and lose by a close margin) then he deserves field and or stadium naming rights in addition to a statue.

• Content Count:  1,386

The naming rights to the stadium would almost certainly be sold. The only thing you could name would be the field.

I agree with this and the question is resolved.  ;)

Archived