• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Send JP Peterson your McMurphy story

jd77

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

http://620wdae.com/pages/big_dog.html

Listen to this Leavitt rant. Someone needs to correct Steve Deumig.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Those quotes from Mitchell don't do anything to contradict what BM's story said he said ..... Even BM is not stupid enough to put exact words in somebody's mouth. THAT would be grounds for a lawsuit.

No, but he apparently went a circuitous route to get the quotes from Mr. Miller to help his story.

I am not defending this story in any way shape or form. I'm just saying that if BM put quotes around something, it's what he was personally told or he attributes it to where HE got the quote. He's not stupid enough to make something like that up .... His sources may suck, like in the Famous case, and he doesn't button everything up before he runs with the story .... Shoddy journalism.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

The last thing anybody should do is give that site traffice to hear that ..... I think we can all use our imagination on what hw said.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I am not defending this story in any way shape or form. I'm just saying that if BM put quotes around something, it's what he was personally told or he attributes it to where HE got the quote. He's not stupid enough to make something like that up .... His sources may suck, like in the Famous case, and he doesn't button everything up before he runs with the story .... Shoddy journalism.

I think his "sources" are poor, to say the least.

I do believe that Mr. Miller did say those things to Brett, but in what as was the question asked. In reading Greg's article and John Romano's column it seems that Mr. Miller is pissed at the way Brett lead him on to get that quote.

• Content Count:  5,241

The kid needs to grow a pair and speak up.  IF he doesn't, then obviously the problem isn't that bad. 

Mcmurphy will get his eventually.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Do we know he got fired for sure? I know he was gone and suddenly popped up somewhere else almost immediately. Looked more like quit after finding another job.

All my unnamed anonymous sources say he was most definitely fired but absolutely NOT *****-slapped on his way out the door.

But seriously, those I know closest to the situation say he was fired and the circumstances of his rapid departure certainly support that.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

so this is 100% not true?

If it is you can bet your *** the university will cover it up.

Aren't you the one that suggested a "big time program" would not have enforced the law with football players?  I guess it's okay if it's your dog in the fight huh?  As for your comment it is totally ridiculous and you should be ashamed of yourself. 

• Content Count:  1,757

Those quotes from Mitchell don't do anything to contradict what BM's story said he said ..... Even BM is not stupid enough to put exact words in somebody's mouth. THAT would be grounds for a lawsuit.

No, but he apparently went a circuitous route to get the quotes from Mr. Miller to help his story.

I am not defending this story in any way shape or form. I'm just saying that if BM put quotes around something, it's what he was personally told or he attributes it to where HE got the quote. He's not stupid enough to make something like thatup .... His sources may suck, like in the Famous case, and he doesn't button everything up before he runs with the story .... Shoddy journalism.

I disagree, at least twice in his career he made up and misquoted CJL.  Once in a story about Amarri Jackson and again about Grothe and Julmiste.  Brett McMakeshitupmurphy has been burning bridges and lying about our program for years. I really think he may have crossed some lines here and may just be open for a lawsuit in this one.

• Content Count:  185

I'm sorry but one of my biggest problems with this is two fold, first anyone that has ever played the game at a high level knows that there are bonds between players and even coaches(sometimes resource officers). Who would not just sit back and just let something like this happen. If somebody was getting thrown around and slapped in the face like that, someone would have been a real man and stood up to him and called him out! PERIOD!

Also, unless his father is a real douche, I could never see a father agreeing with someone who just beat their kid. Every father I know would have gone to jail for something like that. Regardless whether it happened to their son in college, high school, or even optimist ball!

The last thing, and in today's day and age, especially in a city like TAMPA, with all of those great Lawyers. It's funny no one has filed a lawsuit against USF as a whole and is trying to live the great American dream(today's standards at least). This to me is just way to big of a story to cover up, considering the facts, and how many potential witnesses there are. There is no room for massaging on this one. Either it happened or it didn't! By the way, USF, if you were smart(which anyone knowing legal matters with USF, they make a point of being RIGHT!) and knew it was BS, you would take the initiative and file a law suit against fanhouse(WHO IS OWNED BY AOL) and go after the company as a whole! Bringing up multiple alleged statements that are slander, misleading and out right malicious to the individuals, students at USF and anyone related to USF, since this will ultimately hurt anyone associated with the university.

Plus I would think AOL can pay what ever is won against them, and not file for bankruptcy. Since I believe you can charge the entity as a whole on this case, but I'm not a lawyer. But I do know some of the best in the state of Florida who would, all based in Tampa , and chomping at the bit to be involved with something like this if it where true or false(They only care if they get paid).

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I tried calling Drunkie Dumb ass Deumig yesterday and his screener would not let me on the air because, and I quote, "Steve wants to hear from people that only have bad stuff"... I tried to argue but was cut off and hung up on.

Archived