• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think I've got our "fans" figured out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

I will elaborate on this further...but right now I will sum it up in one quick thought....

those that are the most angry at USF losses are those who justify themselves on our wins.  a lot of our "fans" know plenty of fsu, uf, miami fans and probably run a muck when we win...every first 5 games are probably talking so much smack to their friends that they cant see straight.  yet when we lose...they get embarrassed...not cause USF lost but because they talked out the side of their mouth so loud that they cant handle the loss. 

So instead of taking responsibility with their friends and saying 'yea we really arent THAT good, i mean we are decent but not great" they decide to point the finger at anyone they see fit....Leavitt, Daniels, Treasey, even Grothe. 

ill leave it at that for now.  maybe fill in more later but i said i would keep it quick.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

nail-on-head.jpg

It becomes personal to them. 

We had this discussion after the Cincy loss...how "embarrassed" some people were.  I couldn't figure it out.  How it could be embarrassing to some "fan" in the stands was beyond me.  I've experienced "disappointment" after a game, but never "embarrassment."  Unless you threw up on yourself in the stands, I don't see how a bunch of college kids playing football (win or lose) could be embarrassing to a grown up.

• Content Count:  498

that RU game was pretty embarrassing, even for casual viewers who subjected their eyes to it.  I was definetely cheering loud after the FSU win, but something wasnt feeling right.  I mean Wofford and WKU exploited our D, based on the level of competition and that was confirmed with the SU win where SU moved the ball all over us even though they were plagued with turnover fever. 

even through the blowout losses I still proudly wear my gear and have hugh USF signs on my car.

• Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

Great thread because its true.

Ill admit I fall to that category that talks a lot on Facebook and has to face the music after a loss. But I am pleased with a winning bowl season year in and out.

• Content Count:  108

I agree.....I have been disappointed but never embarrassed.... I would rather watch a team build a legacy and tradition and watch them go through their bumps and bruises than just be a follower of a team such as Florida. I want to be a part of a team that starts from scratch to make its way....and no matter what other people say...for what they have accomplished in the short period of time I will never be embarrassed.

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I guess true for some, I don't like to talk smack because it usually always bites you back sooner than later.

The only game I was embarrassed some was the Rutgers games this year....what a cluster f@%^ of a game that was.

• Content Count:  2,726

I have to say the same...I was quite embarrassed during that rutgers game this year.  It was downright terrible sitting through that game(also in the cold). 

I was just like Tim Teblow during that game...crying like a baby.

Cause I care...and i'm emotionally weak...like Tim Teblow. 

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  2,726

You know what Tim Teblow and USF have in common? 

No national championship!

BOOM!!!

GO BULLS!!!

• Content Count:  565

You know what Tim Teblow and USF have in common? 

No national championship!

BOOM!!!

GO BULLS!!!

*whispers*

pssst... ya know Tebow already has 2 national titles, right?

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

We had this discussion after the Cincy loss...how "embarrassed" some people were.   I couldn't figure it out.  How it could be embarrassing to some "fan" in the stands was beyond me.  I've experienced "disappointment" after a game, but never "embarrassment."  Unless you threw up on yourself in the stands, I don't see how a bunch of college kids playing football (win or lose) could be embarrassing to a grown up.

The Cincy game wasn't embarrassing - but 3 of the other 4 losses were!

At the time I commented that I thought some were taking the idea of embarrassment a bit far, I mean it certainly shouldn't be personal.  Still, USF Football represents the University.  It is different from professional sports in that it is an institution we all belong to, and to some extent feel ownership in.  When a football team goes out a looks like a bunch of kids playing men - especially against a mediocre team like Rutgers - it is embarrassing.

You can't have it both ways.  You can either have an apathetic fan base who will show up maybe if the weather is good, the opponent is respectable, there are no other football games on, and the time slot is perfect or you can have a fan base that has some reasonable expectations.  For the past few seasons, IMHO, reasonable expectations have not been met.  We went 7-5 this year and played 3 absolute cup cake games.  So we went 3-4 in the BE, 4-5 against opponents that even could reasonable be called respectable (that includes Louisville and Syracuse).  Yeah, this season was embarrassing.

Archived