• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I think I've got our "fans" figured out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

call me crazy then because I was pretty confident we would win against a few teams although not garunteeing the victory. The only exception i would say was Miami. I couldnt say with a straight face that I knew we would win that.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2. Would have been nice to kill more time before the score. I know you have to take what you get, but it accentuates how stupid the 4th down call was. Oh, and Leavitt should get out there himself for the kickoff if our kicker can only get the ball to the 35, that's sad.

When you need a TD, you can't run off every second.  I thought we ran the clock down nicely.  A run-oriented team like UConn should be able to get it into field goal range in 40 seconds if you are good enough to win the game.  If you only need a field goal, then you run it down as far as you can.

We were missing a kicker this season.  You don't normally expect a kicker to miss the season with an injury.  Also, it was %#@$! cold.  Tougher to kick a ball.  That said, we shouldn't have been trying the knuckleball type kick.  Gotta kick it deep and make them try to make a play.

• Content Count:  1,894

What about the fan who doesnt run his mouth to his friends but has open discussions and represents his university confidently that we could beat those teams and this year would be different for x amount of reasons. Only to be embarrassed by how poorly your team played feeling dissapointed at the same time. Its crushing on alot of levels. I think theres after so much dissapointment one can only feel embrassed that they put themselves out there defending their team to be blown out like those losses.

So you're not really embarassed by them but by yourself, for being wrong ...

you could say that exactly. I dont think its embarassing nationally for us unless announcers are saying we quit or we are giving up (which has happened) but I understand that these kids are going out there trying to lose. As a former student athlete I understand that aspect.  Wiiiith that being said I also carry this devotion to the team that I really feel like they are goingto win. Its setting myself up for dissapointment I know but Im okay with that. I will come on here and vent and get my feelings out. I will critisize stuff knowing it doesnt mean a thing but when it boils down to it, we are still fans and I will find reasons to think we will win next year with the guys we have coming back and new guys coming in. I guess we all have to ride the usf rollercoaster.

• Content Count:  356

the Rutgers game was humiliating...no other word for it...

Sincerely,

A fan

• Content Count:  246

Don't confuse being upset with being embarrassed.

There is plenty to be upset or concerned about - or disappointed in - but embarrassment is an unnecessary personal choice in my books and I'll leave it at that.

When your kid, that you invested time, effort and emotions in stands up and farts in school play and tells the crowd to suck it, you'll know embarrassment.

Embarrassed probably isn't the right word, but the program (and hence the university I attended) is getting the rep of being able to play with anyone in the beginning of the season, and then folding down the stretch.  In general, I really don't care what people say or think about me, but I can see how others without thick skin would be somewhat "embarressed" by the public perception of the football team.  Say what you will, but the football team is the image that a majority of the general public judges a university on (which is idiotic, but I think true).

Also, do you have any home video of the fart/"suck it" incident?

• Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

the Rutgers game was humiliating...no other word for it...

Sincerely,

A fan

Humiliating for who exactly?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,045
  • Days Won:  469

Also, do you have any home video of the **** it" incident?

Sorry, it didn't really happen...but I was thinking of the kind of things that embarrass me, things where I have an impact, or some measure of control.  Since I wouldn't be so rude or juvenile to do that, I thought if my son did, it would be embarrassing. 

• Content Count:  1,570
  • Days Won:  1

I was embarrassed when Chris Fowler point out how he was embarrassed about ranking them. And I agreed with him when he said that USF can't use the excuses of young program. Then they(ESPN) go on to mock Jim and his side line antics. Jim supporters are the only ones that don't have a problem with how they perform, or lack there of. And the program need to come out and do damage control. My question to Jim supporters. What is the percentage of Bulls fans are new? And how many of them will jump off the wagon if this continue?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Also, do you have any home video of the **** it" incident?

Sorry, it didn't really happen...but I was thinking of the kind of things that embarrass me, things where I have an impact, or some measure of control.  Since I wouldn't be so rude or juvenile to do that, I thought if my son did, it would be embarrassing. 

A similar incident happened to me, though (actually what my kid did was much worse), so maybe that's why I can't get embarrassed when my school's football team loses a game.

• Content Count:  2,558

I wore my green in public today :) GO BULLS

Archived