• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The difference between us and UCONN

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

:lmao

I wonder if UConn fans cling to that half-BE title like da Antagonist does.

I sure hope when we win one half of a conference championship it's not something we beat our chests over.

Winning one half of a BE conference championship would do WONDERS for USF on the recruiting trail and it would be a huge accomplishment. And trust me you and the rest of the gang would beat your chest over it.

That is funny.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UConn has been on the cusp for years...even with their NFL running back and all time ground gainer they seemed perched and ready for that next step. 

If it were only as easy as our armchair coaches think it is.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,648
  • Days Won:  424

I sure hope when we win one half of a conference championship it's not something we beat our chests over.

Winning one half of a BE conference championship would do WONDERS for USF on the recruiting trail and it would be a huge accomplishment. And trust me you and the rest of the gang would beat your chest over it.

I thik it all depends on how it goes down. If we go into our last conf game of the season needing to win it for the outright championship but get our asses handed to us by 45 points and are relegated to the MCC Bowl rather than a BCS bowl, I don't see a whole lot of chest banging going on ... If we're the other half of that scenario, you would definitely see some chest banging.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

UConn has been on the cusp for years...even with their NFL running back and all time ground gainer they seemed perched and ready for that next step. 

If it were only as easy as our armchair coaches think it is.

some make it look easy like jim harbaugh

it certainly isnt as hard as green and goggle club think

\

this is the game of football

Thanks Einstein...we're all better for your having labored through that pearl of wisdom.

Speaking of Harbaugh, could he beat USC 4 out of 5 times, or was it an upset? 

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think anyone outside of the BE and many even inside the BE are aware you can win half the championship.  Most just assume whomever goes to the BCS bowl is the champion - way it should be in my opinion.  Either way, i would expect being co-champions and then playing in the car care bowl to do wonders for recruiting.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

You bull fans need patience.

Some of us realize that,  and understand that to build a program up to the point of where we want to go (emulating the Miami of the Big East), its going to take some time, and that there will be bumps along the road. 

Archived