• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The difference between us and UCONN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

With Kragthorpe out at Louisville and Marrone still in adjustment phase, Leavitt is literally the worst of the six established coaches in the Big East. Kelly, Schiano, Edsall, Wanny and even Bill Stewart are all better coaches than Leavitt at this point.

The truth has been spoken.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The difference is that UConn has an Offensive Coaching staff that has more then a half dozen plays in there book... Canales will destroy us.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

The difference between us and UConn is that we are a winning program.  But I guess its much more important to be a consistant loser rather than an irratic winner.  Glad to know they've starting keeping records as Wins-Losses-Blow Out Losses now.  I'll keep my eye out for that in the standings. 

And not that reality and facts matter to any of you, but.....

2005-2009

Overall Record

UConn  32-28  (2 losing seasons)

USF      39-23   (0 losing seasons)

Big East Record

UConn  13-21

USF      17-17

Bowl Games

UConn  3 (third pending)

USF      5 (fifith pending)

Bowl Victories

UConn   1 (bowl pending)

USF       2  (bowl pending)

Top 25 victories

UConn    1

USF        7

And apparently the all important stat of "Blow Out Losses"  (20+ points)

UConn   11

USF       7

What is that.....you mean UConn's been blow out more than us in the past 5 years    :o

I'm not even sure what ya'll are trying to argue now.  That you rather USF be like UConn with a bad losing record in the Big East?   That half of a Big East title and a trip to the Car Care Bowl is the be all end all barrier that USF has to break?   

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,723
  • Days Won:  424

The difference between us and UConn is that we are a winning program.  But I guess its much more important to be a consistant loser rather than an irratic winner.  Glad to know they've starting keeping records as Wins-Losses-Blow Out Losses now.  I'll keep my eye out for that in the standings. 

And not that reality and facts matter to any of you, but.....

2005-2009

Overall Record

UConn  32-28  (2 losing seasons)

USF      39-23   (0 losing seasons)

Big East Record

UConn  13-21

USF      17-17

Bowl Games

UConn  3 (third pending)

USF      5 (fifith pending)

Bowl Victories

UConn   1 (bowl pending)

USF       2  (bowl pending)

Top 25 victories

UConn    1

USF        7

And apparently the all important stat of "Blow Out Losses"  (20+ points)

UConn   11

USF       7

What is that.....you mean UConn's been blow out more than us in the past 5 years    :o

I'm not even sure what ya'll are trying to argue now.  That you rather USF be like UConn with a bad losing record in the Big East?   That half of a Big East title and a trip to the Car Care Bowl is the be all end all barrier that USF has to break?   

Exactly .... If the records were reversed, including the Holy Grail of the co-conference championship, where their co-champion waxed them by 45 in a game that would have given them the BCS bowl, these same people would be whining just as vociferously.

There are some legitimate gripes out there but throwing UConn into the debate is a freaking joke ...

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

haha I like how they pull out the stats that we havent had a losing season and so on. They are still on a better track to be a better program NOW. I dont care if they had a losing season. We are a shoe in for 3-4 4-3 in the big east every year if not worse. They are disciplined football team who runs and throws off the run. We know nothing about this. Our coaching is the worst in the big east, and our assistants are sun belt worthy.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

haha I like how they pull out the stats that we havent had a losing season and so on. They are still on a better track to be a better program NOW. I dont care if they had a losing season. We are a shoe in for 3-4 4-3 in the big east every year if not worse. They are disciplined football team who runs and throws off the run. We know nothing about this. Our coaching is the worst in the big east, and our assistants are sun belt worthy.

Their team had 4 players good enough to go in the first 2 rounds of the NFL draft and finished 3-4 in conference including a loss to the woeful Bulls.  Now you can tell me Edsall is a good coach (and I believe he is) but I don't think their coaching staff is much better than ours, if at all.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The difference between us and UConn is that their fans aren't bellyaching and ******** about going "only" going 7-5/8-4 every year like you people constantly do. Other than that they're in the same boat as us in regards to longevity in I-A, Edsall is the only coach they've ever had in their I-A era, some difficulties in recruiting (because there isn't a whole lot of talent up there), limited financial resources, and on and on and on.

wow

they have progressed

usf has regressed

their fans dont have much to ***** about since they won big east conference and they are a basketball school in conn.

get real our football program has been a sad disappointment and the future looks bleak since help isnt on the way and we are stuck with jimbo leavitt

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Haha....sweet way to pull out NO stats to back your emotional rants yet again

And on track?   How exactly?    They have a worse overall record than us over the past 2 years and an equavalent Big East record.  And thats after their supposed huge accomplishment of a half Big East title.   They went from 5-2 inconference in 2007 to 2-4 currently in 2009 (and this is their 6th year in the conference as they actually started in 2004).  Hmmm, looks like regression to me....but continue to make stuff up inorder to prove your ridulous point.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The difference between us and UConn is that their fans aren't bellyaching and ******** about going "only" going 7-5/8-4 every year like you people constantly do. Other than that they're in the same boat as us in regards to longevity in I-A, Edsall is the only coach they've ever had in their I-A era, some difficulties in recruiting (because there isn't a whole lot of talent up there), limited financial resources, and on and on and on.

UCONN has won a share of the Big East Championship, they a have trophy to prove it... they have produced more NFL players, just last year they had 4 draft picks in the top 4 rounds. Not bad for a team from connecticut.

edsall is head and shoulders above  leavitt

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

edsall is head and shoulders above  leavitt

Could you please elaborate how?  j/k, I know you can't.  :D

Archived