• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The difference between us and UCONN

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

UConn is right there with UCiF with the moral victories, is that what you're saying?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

UConn is a ball control, run oriented offense that lends itself to close games.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

haha I like how they pull out the stats that we havent had a losing season and so on. They are still on a better track to be a better program NOW. I dont care if they had a losing season. We are a shoe in for 3-4 4-3 in the big east every year if not worse. They are disciplined football team who runs and throws off the run. We know nothing about this. Our coaching is the worst in the big east, and our assistants are sun belt worthy.

Haha....sweet way to pull out NO stats to back your emotional rants yet again

And on track?   How exactly?    They have a worse overall record than us over the past 2 years and an equavalent Big East record.  And thats after their supposed huge accomplishment of a half Big East title.   They went from 5-2 inconference in 2007 to 2-4 currently in 2009 (and this is their 6th year in the conference as they actually started in 2004).  Hmmm, looks like regression to me....but continue to make stuff up inorder to prove your ridulous point.

Im sorry check their games against the teams we both played. They are a few points away from being a 10 win team with wins against our biggest conference teams. Sorry BUD, my argument is valid regardless of using statistical data to prove it.

But there not.  They are a 6-5(2-4) team.  They are also a few points away from being 4-7 with a loss to Ohio.  See how easy it is to play with "what ifs"

Also, still dont understand why USF's goal should be to emulate a team that has one winning conference record over the 6 years they've been in the Big East. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

and would you really want this mascot?

Jonathan.sized.jpg

:)

Guest Scherdin

A lot of it is O and D schemes.  They don't get a lot of the type of athletes (speed and quickness) that USF goes after, they get some of the big boys.  Which we have seen can hurt us.  They like to shove it down the other teams throats, with our lack of depth and light weights on both lines we are usually done by the second half.  

We don't really have a scheme that I can see on O or D (at times), so we just go out there and wing it and let the chips fall.  

We could very easily have lost last year's game against UCONN, didn't they fumble at our 10yd line last year with the clock running down?  With what could be another loss on Sat that would have given us another team in the BE with a winning streak against us (which I know is not possible, we just had luck on our side last year)

I think you have to give a little slack for some their games this year, due to the death of their starting CB.  That can play a very emotional part of this teams lack of success.

The only way we win on Sat is if we score first and cause some turnovers.  They are going to want to run the ball and control the clock, plus contain BJ from running wild.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

our goal isnt to emulate them its to play good football. Winning doesnt always have to come with playing good football, see uconn for that. If you play good football we would all be happy. We play far from good football for most of the season. We get by, and it seems most of you are happy just getting by.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Our goal should be to win.  What your saying is, if we play good football (in your opinion) and lose, that's okay?  I'll admit that in our losses we've stunk up the joint, but I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty.

• Content Count:  1,037

I wonder if UConn fans cling to that half-BE title like da Antagonist does.

I sure hope when we win one half of a conference championship it's not something we beat our chests over.

Winning one half of a BE conference championship would do WONDERS for USF on the recruiting trail and it would be a huge accomplishment. And trust me you and the rest of the gang would beat your chest over it.

• Content Count:  1,037

Bottom line, UCONN seems prepared to get to the next level next year if they can add 2 or 3 good players. USF?

Archived