• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The difference between us and UCONN

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

The difference between us and UConn is that their fans aren't bellyaching and ******** about going "only" going 7-5/8-4 every year like you people constantly do. Other than that they're in the same boat as us in regards to longevity in I-A, Edsall is the only coach they've ever had in their I-A era, some difficulties in recruiting (because there isn't a whole lot of talent up there), limited financial resources, and on and on and on.

they have progressed

usf has regressed

Nice, don't let facts get in the way of your brilliant arguements too Smazza.  After all an 8-4 Stanford is "very good" while a possible 8-4 USF sucks

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

With Kragthorpe out at Louisville and Marrone still in adjustment phase, Leavitt is literally the worst of the six established coaches in the Big East. Kelly, Schiano, Edsall, Wanny and even Bill Stewart are all better coaches than Leavitt at this point.

The truth has been spoken.

I must remind the general public that this is not a truth, but only an opinion - just look at opponents' boards.

including the Holy Grail of the co-conference championship...

:ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Come on Brad, you know facts don't matter.  It's only opinion that is the truth.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The difference between us and UConn is that we are a winning program.  But I guess its much more important to be a consistant loser rather than an irratic winner.  Glad to know they've starting keeping records as Wins-Losses-Blow Out Losses now.  I'll keep my eye out for that in the standings. 

And not that reality and facts matter to any of you, but.....

2005-2009

Overall Record

UConn  32-28  (2 losing seasons)

USF      39-23   (0 losing seasons)

Big East Record

UConn  13-21

USF      17-17

Bowl Games

UConn  3 (third pending)

USF      5 (fifith pending)

Bowl Victories

UConn   1 (bowl pending)

USF       2  (bowl pending)

Top 25 victories

UConn    1

USF        7

And apparently the all important stat of "Blow Out Losses"  (20+ points)

UConn   11

USF       7

What is that.....you mean UConn's been blow out more than us in the past 5 years    :o

I'm not even sure what ya'll are trying to argue now.  That you rather USF be like UConn with a bad losing record in the Big East?   That half of a Big East title and a trip to the Car Care Bowl is the be all end all barrier that USF has to break?   

didnt uconn win the big east

Come on Brad, you know facts don't matter.  It's only opinion that is the truth.

Facts are "blowing out" opinion in this thread...it really is quite a ridiculous argument.  Funny stuff facts vs. emotion!  Facts win everytime.  Problem is that facts can change, but emotions are investments for some and they will never let go of what they "feel."

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

The difference between us and UConn is that their fans aren't bellyaching and ******** about going "only" going 7-5/8-4 every year like you people constantly do. Other than that they're in the same boat as us in regards to longevity in I-A, Edsall is the only coach they've ever had in their I-A era, some difficulties in recruiting (because there isn't a whole lot of talent up there), limited financial resources, and on and on and on.

they have progressed

usf has regressed

Nice, don't let facts get in the way of your brilliant arguements too Smazza.  After all an 8-4 Stanford is "very good" while a possible 8-4 USF *****

look at stanford's schedule

look at usf's schedule

you guys make it to easy for me

The difference between us and UConn is that we are a winning program.  But I guess its much more important to be a consistant loser rather than an irratic winner.  Glad to know they've starting keeping records as Wins-Losses-Blow Out Losses now.  I'll keep my eye out for that in the standings. 

And not that reality and facts matter to any of you, but.....

2005-2009

Overall Record

UConn  32-28  (2 losing seasons)

USF      39-23   (0 losing seasons)

Big East Record

UConn  13-21

USF      17-17

Bowl Games

UConn  3 (third pending)

USF      5 (fifith pending)

Bowl Victories

UConn   1 (bowl pending)

USF       2  (bowl pending)

Top 25 victories

UConn    1

USF        7

And apparently the all important stat of "Blow Out Losses"  (20+ points)

UConn   11

USF       7

What is that.....you mean UConn's been blow out more than us in the past 5 years    :o

I'm not even sure what ya'll are trying to argue now.  That you rather USF be like UConn with a bad losing record in the Big East?   That half of a Big East title and a trip to the Car Care Bowl is the be all end all barrier that USF has to break?   

didnt uconn win the big east

Just like every other UConn thread, it now devolves into the half-championship argument.  That one small ridiculous thing is all that those with the emotional argument can hold on to.  Facts presented and witnessed throughout the years certainly indicates USF has accomplished much that UConn has not.  But if you want to cling to a half championship, go right ahead.  As I said in another thread I doubt they give that as much play as the anti-Bull group does.  As Trip points out, they got blasted by their "co-champion".  I sort of doubt that is a real point of pride for the Husky program...but you hold onto that if you wish.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

If the conference had a tie-breaker, they wouldn't have even gotten the co-championship.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

haha I like how they pull out the stats that we havent had a losing season and so on. They are still on a better track to be a better program NOW. I dont care if they had a losing season. We are a shoe in for 3-4 4-3 in the big east every year if not worse. They are disciplined football team who runs and throws off the run. We know nothing about this. Our coaching is the worst in the big east, and our assistants are sun belt worthy.

Haha....sweet way to pull out NO stats to back your emotional rants yet again

And on track?   How exactly?    They have a worse overall record than us over the past 2 years and an equavalent Big East record.  And thats after their supposed huge accomplishment of a half Big East title.   They went from 5-2 inconference in 2007 to 2-4 currently in 2009 (and this is their 6th year in the conference as they actually started in 2004).  Hmmm, looks like regression to me....but continue to make stuff up inorder to prove your ridulous point.

Im sorry check their games against the teams we both played. They are a few points away from being a 10 win team with wins against our biggest conference teams. Sorry BUD, my argument is valid regardless of using statistical data to prove it.

Archived