• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Excuses are getting old!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Quit comparing us to 75% of losers Bullshitznitz, and start comparing us to the 25% of the winners! I love how numbers look on paper I just can't get enough of that! What I don't like are how the numbers are looking on the scoreboard which is about the ONLY thing that matters.

By the way we're 2-2 and maybe soon to be 2-3 against that terrible UCONN team.

If you think UConn is terrible you should probably try watching some football sometime.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

AND went on that year and played a much tougher, closer game @ Miami?

It's funny how people's memories seem to adjust over time to what they WANT to believe ... Truth is, the 2005 game was very similar to the one on Saturday.

Not hardly.   ::)   I was there.  Miami didn't run all over us at will.  They had to fight hard for that game.

The score was 17-0 after the 1st quarter .... 20-0 at the half ..... 27-7 final (with USF scoring with about 5 mins left in game). We must have different definitions of having to "fight hard" ...   ;)

I guess we do, because considering almost every Miami drive started on our side of the 50, it was an accomplishment limiting them to 20 the first half.

We definitely have a different definition of Miami having to "fight hard" if you think them starting every drive in the first half from our side of the 50 meant they had to fight hard for the win .... sounds like they hardly had to break a sweat.  Does sounds like WE had to fight hard to keep it from being a greater blowout, though ....  ;)

Despite the fact we were a turnover machine we kept the Miami offense in check. A few days ago they did whatever they wanted. The 2005 game was a lot closer than the 2009 game.  ;)

Stick to arguing with ucf fans.

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Quit comparing us to 75% of losers Bullshitznitz, and start comparing us to the 25% of the winners! I love how numbers look on paper I just can't get enough of that! What I don't like are how the numbers are looking on the scoreboard which is about the ONLY thing that matters.

By the way we're 2-2 and maybe soon to be 2-3 against that terrible UCONN team.

I've tried that.  Ive mentioned several times today that when it comes to Wins/Losses (those numbers on the scoreboard which are the only thing thing that matters), we are one of the 23 BCS teams with 5 straight winning seasons.  Meaning we've accomplished something that 65% of those loser BCS programs couldn't.  Apparently that means nothing though. 

And Ive never said UConn was terrible, all I've pointed out is that you tried to use UConn as an example of USF underachieving, yet we've outperformed them in pretty much any measurement of wins/losses you want to throw out there over the past 5 years. 

• Content Count:  209
  • Days Won:  0

Might as well start preparing for the excuses for next year.  Lets hear them now.

The real question is next year in August will USF fans talk the talk of being in the top half of the BE or keep quiet for a change. ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

AND went on that year and played a much tougher, closer game @ Miami?

It's funny how people's memories seem to adjust over time to what they WANT to believe ... Truth is, the 2005 game was very similar to the one on Saturday.

Not hardly.   ::)   I was there.  Miami didn't run all over us at will.  They had to fight hard for that game.

The score was 17-0 after the 1st quarter .... 20-0 at the half ..... 27-7 final (with USF scoring with about 5 mins left in game). We must have different definitions of having to "fight hard" ...   ;)

I guess we do, because considering almost every Miami drive started on our side of the 50, it was an accomplishment limiting them to 20 the first half.

We definitely have a different definition of Miami having to "fight hard" if you think them starting every drive in the first half from our side of the 50 meant they had to fight hard for the win .... sounds like they hardly had to break a sweat.  Does sounds like WE had to fight hard to keep it from being a greater blowout, though ....  ;)

Despite the fact we were a turnover machine we kept the Miami offense in check.

LOL .... The Miami offense had 4 turnovers of their own ... Sounds like they kept themselves in check. We give UM 20 points in the first half and don't score until 5 min left in the game but Miami had to "fight hard" to win.  ::)

A few days ago they did whatever they wanted.

Yet only scored 4 more points than a game where they supposedly had to "fight hard" to win ... Got it.  :D

The 2005 game was a lot closer than the 2009 game.  ;)

A lot closer = 1 point ...... Okey dokey.  8-)

Stick to arguing with ucf fans.

Responding to this post I feel like I am ....  ;)

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Might as well start preparing for the excuses for next year.  Lets hear them now.

The real question is next year in August will USF fans talk the talk of being in the top half of the BE or keep quiet for a change. ;D

What will RU's excuses be?  Still no Big East titles.  Go to lower tier bowl games.  Hell we've been to the Sun and the Meineke which are better than any RU has been to.  Beaten no one of consequence out-of-conference.

So if the measure of the RU program is only beating USF, then you've been wildly successful.  If it's more than that, well you guys fail too.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

No offense but those wins arent that impressive. They may have been highly ranked when we played them but they werent deserving. Louisville wasnt a top ten team legit, come one be serious...wvu...no chance either....auburn a struggling auburn at the time.....struggling fsu...Kansas fell into our lap being ranked but we all know they only had one thing going on that team and he was the qb.

Point is, those are good wins but they arent that impressive. Real Football fans know this and we blow this out of proportion. These games against the teams we LOSE to are just as important.

We havent won anything yet, We have a right to complain about coaching and recruiting when we beat the "better" teams and then blow all the other ones. It is about consistancy and we are getting undiciplined players who arent being taught any thing. I think its evident by the lack of progrss on almost every facet of our team and the lack of development of every player on our team.

The real question is why are we getting blasted for the opinions when we look at other schools clearly in the same position or worse turning into better teams and we seemed to be on that course but we arent. If other schools with less talent can play just all around better football then we are doing something wrong.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Nice 3 win season.  Go kick rocks *****. 

• Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

No offense but those wins arent that impressive. They may have been highly ranked when we played them but they werent deserving. Louisville wasnt a top ten team legit, come one be serious...wvu...no chance either....auburn a struggling auburn at the time.....struggling fsu...Kansas fell into our lap being ranked but we all know they only had one thing going on that team and he was the qb.

Point is, those are good wins but they arent that impressive. Real Football fans know this and we blow this out of proportion. These games against the teams we LOSE to are just as important.

I'll give you FSU and Kansas (even though both still ended up as bowl teams in those years...but both unranked)....but ripping on the others?  Louisville finished 9-3 that year and ranked 17th (their only other losses were to #5 WVU and #7 Va Tech).  WVU finished 06 and 07 at 11-2 and ranked in the top 10 for both years (including a dismantling of Oklahoma in the Fiesta in 07).  Auburn finished 9-4 and ranked 15th that year.  Again, all of those teams FINISHED ranked....meaning....yes those are impressive wins. Currently this years WVU team is still ranked (we'll have to wait to see how they finish up). Nice attempt at an arguement though. 

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We havent won anything yet, We have a right to complain about coaching and recruiting when we beat the "better" teams and then blow all the other ones. It is about consistancy and we are getting undiciplined players who arent being taught any thing. I think its evident by the lack of progrss on almost every facet of our team and the lack of development of every player on our team.

The real question is why are we getting blasted for the opinions when we look at other schools clearly in the same position or worse turning into better teams and we seemed to be on that course but we arent. If other schools with less talent can play just all around better football then we are doing something wrong.

Final (post-bowl) AP rankings of teams we have beaten

2005: Louisville #19

2006: WVU #10;

2007: Auburn - #15; WVU - #6

So we have beaten some good teams and twice a WVU team that would finish in the top 10.  We haven't been talented enough or well coached enough to sustain it, but there is no reason to diminish those victories.

Archived