• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does CJL "fire" any of his assistants this year?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  971
  • Days Won:  0

I think we could use a new OL coach to take us to the next level.  And Patrick has done very little with all the talent he had this year.  Special teams continue to be special problem.  I certainly don't think any of them merit a pay increase.  GB!

• Content Count:  4,879

$$

• Content Count:  277

He'd better if he gives a **** about moving the program forward.

• Content Count:  6,502

Woolard should clean house from top to bottom.  CJL can't believe his job is very secure at all.

• Content Count:  5,241

We can change all the assistants we want and go nowhere, but really its a change in Offensive Philosophy by Leavitt is whats needed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,386
  • Days Won:  10

Playcalling is a mystery.  Once down 21-3, why are we continuing to run up the middle?  We burned three long ones in the FSU game.  Why were we not testing their deep defense consistently?  It seemed that we were playing not to lose instead of to win.  When fans in the stands can call the next play before it is run there is a problem with the playcalling.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The special teams coach has to go.  How may timeouts have we burned this year on special teams?

• Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Playcalling is a mystery.  Once down 21-3, why are we continuing to run up the middle?  We burned three long ones in the FSU game.  Why were we not testing their deep defense consistently?  It seemed that we were playing not to lose instead of to win.  When fans in the stands can call the next play before it is run there is a problem with the playcalling.

this is what I felt. they were playing to keep the game close. run clock. they could have gone at #9 all day. once Love dropped a pass and then another time he had a PI call. they should have picked on him and then when he got hurt and left the game they should have picked on his backup.

• Content Count:  919

When have we designed a game plan to attack a defense's weakness?  When have we designed plays to get the ball in our playmakers hands?  When have we established any of our players as a true threat to the defense (other than QB) that they need to account for?  Do we have a slant or screen in the playbook? 

Why can't our corners play bump and run without getting flagged for pass interference or getting burned deep?  Why can't they turn their head and locate the ball like well caoched corners do?  Why can't we coach up some LB's to consistently be in the right hole and make a play?

We have equal or better talent than most teams we play.  The difference is coaching.  Changes are necessary unless we want more of the same year after year.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The special teams coach has to go.  How may timeouts have we burned this year on special teams?

And how many times have we just looked silly - kick offs bouncing off chests, punts fumbled.  Yesterday a nominee for "play-of-the-game" was a kick-off return to our own 40 yard line!  That may have something to do with the way the rest of the team played, but we have had miserable special teams (beyond just punting and field goals) all year.

Archived