• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Week 5 Rankings: USAT #24 | AP #23

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Didn't Kelly fire Tresey ?

Yeah he might have some motivation for this game  ;D

How funny would it be if we went to a 3-4 defense for this game dropping Selvie back as a LB with Wilson, Barrington, and Robinson. The line would be Marshall, McClain, and JPP. You would alternate between Robinson/Selvie rushing. Barrington has looked good in coverage (on weak WR/TE).

JT was fired because Kelly wanted to go to a 3-4, it would be awesome if we showed that look a few times and kicked Cincy (and Kelly) where it hurts.

I know we won't do this, but it would be hilarious if we showed this look a couple of times and made some thing happen...

Didn't we do that for one play this season, I thought we did with Selvie against like Wofford or WKU.

I thought I remembered seeing us give it a look on at least one play against Cuse, or maybe FSU. It was one of the last two games

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Didn't Kelly fire Tresey ?

Yeah he might have some motivation for this game  ;D

Well, there were various reports at the time and even Cincy fans aren't really sure about what happened.

If you remember, there were reports that Leavitt fired Gregory after finding out that he was talking to Florida about being their TE coach. As it turned out, Gregory was merely demoted to a position coach at USF, but eventually decided to leave and take a job elsewhere. There was a lot of negative talk in the national media about that.

Right after that became known, reports were surfacing that Tresey had either talked to or visited Miami about taking over as their DC. Supposedly, the Cincy head coach had gotten wind of that and that's why Tresey got fired.

There were other reports which suggested that Tresey didn't want to change over to a new defensive system. I believe there was an official release put out by Cincy stating they had mutually decided to part ways as a result of philosophical differences. At least, I know I read a newspaper account which said it was mutual.

In answer to your question, frankly, I don't know if he was fired or not. I figured since I was confused I might just as well confuse you.  :D

Maybe the visiting Cincy fans know the TRUTH.

Either way, I'm just glad we now have him and can give them a taste of their own medicine in Bringing the Tresey Boom to them for a change!   >:(  ;D  

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

OU... what a joke.

playing 3 1aaaaaa  games is a joke

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Who did that?

OU... what a joke.