• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ranked Teams that will be Gone

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Georgia won't be out they lost to number 4 they will fall to around 24=25.

Houston should be out

Cal

Michigan also

In

USF around 24-22

Auburn around 20

WVU maybe around 24

Notre dame should not be in, going into ot vs washington

if the won big yeah maybe they should be ranked.

Georgia will be out... prob 27-28 (still getting votes).  Adding Houston, Michigan, and Cal - that would be four sports.

WVU will not get =in - they weren't getting ANY votes last week.  Look at the "Also receiving votes":

Missouri 175, Auburn 171, South Carolina 154, South Florida 145, UCLA 41, Utah 25, Wisconsin 20, Notre Dame 7, Arizona State 4, Stanford 2, North Carolina 2,

In fact, with only four spots, I could even see USF being left out in favor of a combination of Missouri, Auburn, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, and Stanford.

I don't see Wis getting in and the UCLA votes have to go somewhere -maybe Stanford

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Georgia will be ranked. Pro 20-22

Georgia will be ranked. Pro 20-22

Only dropping 2-4 spots after losing at home?  You're crazy.

Why do you think so?

(I realize these are opinions, so not right or wrong - just don't understand how you could think the voters will keep them that high)

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

My guess is most voters didn't watch our game or the UTEP/Houston game. Covering the 6.5 spread by 14 is good. I think we sneak in either 24th or 25th. Although, any voter who looks at our schedule can see we haven't beaten a team that has a winning record. That will probably haunt us all year.

UTEP/Houston... I see Houston falling to no higher then 23. Probably will get fall to the unranked. But, they will receive votes still as well as UTEP.

WV is going to start getting votes. They beat CU on Thursday night and I think their WV loss isn't looking so bad right now.

Likewise, Auburn took care of UT and they will rise to the top 25.

• Content Count:  4,738

Who cares. Just keep winning. If we end up 10-2, 11-1, 12-0 we will be where we deserve to be.

This is a little naive.  As the year goes on it gets harder to climb up the rankings.  We need to break into the top 20 so a run of victoies in the conference will push us into the top 10/5.

But obviously this is all for not if we dont win.

• Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

These rankings truely are a joke OU is going to be ranked later today having gone .500 in their games thus far, Georgia may be in at .600, while teams that are batting a thousand are left on the outside looking in. I think most voters think they are supposed to simply shuffle around their top 25's based on what happens each weak instead of looking at what other teams in the country are doing. I can understand a team with a tough schedule making it in the top 25 with one loss out of four but if you are going 2-2 in that span part of the reason your schedule is so hard is because you are not that good (ex losing to a BYU team that got smoked by a team that has lost to everyone else on their schedule that plays bowl division football).

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

south carolina will be there

• Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

south carolina will be there

Yeah, this is unfortunately true.  And it irks me that we all know OU will be ranked, probably ahead of us, despite two losses.  But we'll also probably move up next week while we're idle.  Oh well...keep winning is the key.

• Content Count:  1,241

Dropping out:

#12 Houston

#18 Georgia

#22 Michigan

#24 California

Getting in:

Auburn

Missouri

Notre Dame

South Florida

Don't forget the Notre Dame is one very bad call away from being undefeated.

Dont forget that Notre Dames 4 wins have come over teams with a combined 5 total wins between the 4 of them, none of which have a record over 2-3 right now. And in all but the nevada game, they barely won. Also, dont forget that they are 1 week away from getting dismantled by usc. They arent a top 25 team. The only reason they'll get in, if they do, is because of their name and history.

Replace them with Wisconsin and i agree with everything you said.

• Content Count:  1,204

Houston should fall from 12 to as unranked as possible.  UTEP hanging half a hundred on the twelth best team?  lol

And that score was tied at 17-17 at the half, so that second half was crazy. 

Oklahoma will likely drop at least to 15 and likely lower. 

Not sure Georgia will get dropped.  The SEC often gets a pass.

Cal, Houston, and Michigan will definitely drop out.  We were #27 in the Coaches last week, just behind Georgia Tech.  So we should end up at #24 or 23.  Probably 23 because Georgia is most likely to drop to 24 or 25 if they stay in.

Nebraska and Missouri play each other next week, so we're guaranteed to move up another spot after that game in the Coaches Poll.  Oregon's got UCLA in LA.  Ole Miss is playing Alabama.  Iowa has Michigan in Ann Arbor (and Iowa is known for melting down after strong starts). 

So there's potential to move up another 3-4 slots depending on how things fall during our bye week.  Cincy is most likely going to be #10 and then could gain another spot or two.

So I think we're looking at #9 Cincinnati versus #20 USF on October 15.  A win versus the Bearcats and we'd likely move into the top 15.

Archived