• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Loved the Alcohol Free Stadium

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Gotta put my two cents in. It's not the beer inside the stadium that is a problem it's the beer outside the stadium. The vast majority of people who drink beer inside a stadium are not going to be a problem and the vast majority of those who are a problem are a) drunk when they came in and B) students. A small segment of the population to be sure. And yes, I've had beer in brimingham, cincinnati, LA, amongst others. An OCS is not necessarily going to end beer sales.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Since I don't drink beer... I would be in FAVOR of not selling it at RayJay.

Maybe they need to turn off the beer sales at the START of the 3rd quarter rather than the end.

So since you don't drink beer, you are in favor of a policy that says that no one else should be able to buy beer? 

I think its nice to be able to buy beer at my stadium.  Great perk (but its too expensive anyway).  At the same time, it doesn't bother me at all to go to an alcohol free stadium--that's what those little airline bottles are for. 

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Gotta put my two cents in. It's not the beer inside the stadium that is a problem it's the beer outside the stadium. The vast majority of people who drink beer inside a stadium are not going to be a problem and the vast majority of those who are a problem are a) drunk when they came in and B) students. A small segment of the population to be sure. And yes, I've had beer in brimingham, cincinnati, LA, amongst others. An OCS is not necessarily going to end beer sales.

The only obnoxious fan from FSU I saw was the girl I mentioned earlier.  And she was drunk when she came in.  I didn't see her drink at all once she was inside. 

But again, why ban something that 95% of people want, and can handle.  Because 1% of people are idiots?  Doesn't make sense or follow any logic to me.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

My friend (an unhappy seminole) & I snuck in a whole bottle of Canadien Mist, but were so **** hungover from all the bars the night before, we couldn't even think about it @ noon.

• Content Count:  4,642

how is it possible to have fun when you're not drinking?

• Content Count:  651

The only reason to love the alcohol free stadium is the relief it'll put on your wallet! Haha!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

I am going to try an experiment where I do not drink at all before or during the game-- the next game-- Cinci-- and see if it impacts my enjoyment of the game itself.

after the game-- all bets are off

I'm pretty used to not drinking during the game because when I was down on the field, you couldn't drink beer (or even a can of soda/water). But the not drinking heading into the stadium will be very new to me.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

I am going to try an experiment where I do not drink at all before or during the game-- the next game-- Cinci-- and see if it impacts my enjoyment of the game itself.

I'm pretty used to not drinking during the game because when I was down on the field, you couldn't drink beer (or even a can of soda/water). But the not drinking heading into the stadium will be very new to me.

Doesn't sound like a very fun experiment, Mike.  Let me know how it goes.

• Content Count:  4,642

how does that one song go?

"Cause I gave up smoking...women...and drinking last niiiiight..and it was the worst fifteen minutes of my liiiiiiife!"  ;)  :P  :D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  166

I might want to rethink this experiment or be more precise in th definition. Not drinking anything before the game will lead to cramping

no one wants that.

never forget Bama, 2003

Archived