• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Civic Center

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

The Civic Center was a great place to tailgate. So glad we went there. Tons of USF all around nice size spaces.

Except for them asking if you had a canopy and charging an extra $7. And the lot being sloped made tailgate golf a bit tougher

I think we were the last ones to get in there without having to ask someone to move their stuff out of the space beside them.  That was a little after 9:00.

Got there around 9:30 but utilized handicapped parking and it was a breeze. The Spirit Express was a great shuttle system, going to and from ...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

By the time I got there the lot was full. Had to park in the parking garage. The walk to the stadium was nice; the walk back, although with a win, was tough. I was exhausted.

You could have jumped on the Spirit Express for the ride back ... no ticket was needed.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  80
  • Days Won:  0

1st off that bus for $3 was worth at least $12

2nd the line moved really quickly as they must have had 20 buses going.

3rd and final...

I took a taxi to the civic center at 6am.  It was me and crickets and RV generators till about 715.  I sat on my cooler with my wife nagging me about getting there so early (thankfully a win erases her memory of the 6am tailgate)

I know when we went to auburn for a 9pm game the tailgaters were out on Friday at 4pm.  Thats why I wanted to get out there so early.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Parked in the garage too.  The walk there was fine.  The walk back seemed like miles- we were so pumped after the win but it was a long hike

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

We walked through to the stadium, but took the shuttle back.  The Civic center was only a few minutes away so it wasn't a bad walk.  It was also a great place to tailgate.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

We got to the Civic Center parking lot around 7:30AM and pitched our tent and broke out our Warstiener mini keg and the das boots. There were a few Nole's fans that parked in the Civic Center lot but the amount of Bulls fans I think over whelmed them and kept them in check. Got to meet Crambone, HBryan, and coincidentally Gratefull Dad parked next to us so we had a great time.

I and the group of Bulls fans that I was walking with did run into problems when I hiked up to Tennessee to grab some breakfast grub at Micky D's... we got heckled by every Nole that drove by, had a run in with some frat boys which was to be expected and was no big deal.

The big deal was the hummer full of UCiF fans that drove by and threw garbage at us. We ended up catching up with them at McDonalds, 3 of them left to go sit in the hummer, and the one that remained pretended to be on his phone as we stared him down, good times.

Also the FSU buses were great the AC on them was very refreshing after the game.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Good meeting you there, Dixie.

The shuttle was worth more than $3.00.  I would've paid ten dollars for it, ESPECIALLY on the ride back.

• Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

Good meeting you there, Dixie.

The shuttle was worth more than $3.00.  I would've paid ten dollars for it, ESPECIALLY on the ride back.

That walk back to the Civic Center was brutal.  Now I know what people mean when they say that they walked to school uphill both ways.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I enjoyed the walk to the stadium.  Man they know how to tailgate.

The walk back was fine too.  I was trying to keep my emotions in check so I didn't offend FSU fans.  But it was hard.

Then we went to potbellies to drink, 2 blocks north of the civic center.  Drank beer with FSU fans for hours.  That was absolutely fun. 

The walk back from there seemed like miles, but that was because I was stumbling I guess....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Got to the Civic Center around 7 am. Had a great time tailgating with other board members and walked to and from the stadium. The whole thing was a blast.

Archived