• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In BJ we trust

DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  246
  • Days Won:  0

So Bruce, I guess football is not a team game and Matt is solely responsible for the conference games we have lost to 'back into the magicjack bowls?'  Interesting.  I always thought that the offensive line had a lot to do with an offense's success.  Receivers and offensive coordinator's too.  Interesting view of history you have their bud.

Normal

Yet everyone is so quick to give Grothe all the credit for the wins at Auburn and against WVU.  I remember the Bulls D shutting those teams down.  He made some good plays, but also some bad ones.  I guess I see Daniels as about the same player, one that is just as likely to throw an INT as a TD.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

hm101,

Matt has thrown actual interception and when others state that interceptions are a no no, others get mad.

So what if BJ threw some near interceptions last night. Even if he throws some INTs that won't be the reason we lose the game. Turnovers don't matter.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

hm101,

Matt has thrown actual interception and when others state that interceptions are a no no, others get mad.

So what if BJ threw some near interceptions last night. Even if he throws some INTs that won't be the reason we lose the game. Turnovers don't matter.

They are also not the QB's fault!!!!

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Yes,

We have to be CONSISTENT as a fanbase.

• Content Count:  1,757

bj daniels threw some near-interceptions last night. that will work against IAA but not florida state away. he needs to polish off that decision making. scrambling and screen, with occasional deep passes are his strengths. if he keeps his poise and calm in florida state, i have tons of confidence

Are you sure? FSU secondary has looked pretty 1aa the first 2 games this year. They stepped up last game, but they were pumped up playing a ranked team. They see us as a FIU of FAU game, a speed bump.

BYU was soo overrated it's not funny.  No way they are top 40 let alone top 10.   FSU game will be tough just for the fact that it will be Daniels first start in front of the home town.   If he doesn't let it rattle him,  we have just as good a shot at beating the Criminoles as we did with Grothe,  maybe better as BJ does have a stronger arm.   Who knows he might be really mature...  This kid spent his summers teaching kids to swim,  not partying it up or anything.  But it sure is a helluva lot to as a RS freshman to start at FSU.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

We're in for an interesting season...

I really hope Grothe can be a great mentor for BJ, and that he can lead the team off the field as well as he can on the field.

• Content Count:  1,204

Are you sure? FSU secondary has looked pretty 1aa the first 2 games this year. They stepped up last game, but they were pumped up playing a ranked team. They see us as a FIU of FAU game, a speed bump.

You mean the defense that allowed BYU to amass 365 yards in the air?

Yeah, fantastic. 

Ultimately BYU had the air taken out of them by Chambers fumble in the first quarter.  FSU had already scored a TD but BYU was marching and got into the red zone before the fumble.  They burned the FSU defense for over 60 yards in the air, but that ended and FSU drove to make it 13-0.

BYU then answered, but FSU gets a good kickoff return and answers back.  It becomes apparent that BYU's defense can't stop FSU (because they don't play defense in the Mountain West).

FSU keeps scoring and BYU answers to 14 points, but after FSU makes it 27-14 BYU fumbles a kickoff return and ends up down 30-14.

So in the second half we see a flustered Max Hall that is trying to lead his team back from a huge deficit.  The first interception made it 37-14.  The last two picks were in the fourth when the game was in hand and Hall was really forcing it to try to get something going.

If BYU had a defense and didn't fumble then things may have been different, but the fumbles early prevented BYU from responding and their defense couldn't hold down FSU.  I do think we have a better defense than BYU, so we'll see if we can get some stops.

• Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  3

I have a feeling this team will be just fine with daniels as the starter.  He has a rocket for an arm and can scramble like grothe.  The only thing that's scary for the upcoming game is his lack of experience.  FSU may take us very lightly and think it will be a cakewalk, and that may simply be to our advantage.  ;D

regardless, this is no time to underestimate the need to keep interceptions to a minimum. i said it before in another thread - while FSU hasnt had the best pass defense in IA, theres no need to take them lightly... i hope canales is telling WR's and Daniels to be very very careful with each route, each throw, each block.

FSU may take us very lightly and think it will be a cakewalk, and that may simply be to our advantage.

hopefully

• Content Count:  879

You mean the defense that allowed BYU to amass 365 yards in the air?

Yeah, fantastic. 

Ultimately BYU had the air taken out of them by Chambers fumble in the first quarter.  FSU had already scored a TD but BYU was marching and got into the red zone before the fumble.  They burned the FSU defense for over 60 yards in the air, but that ended and FSU drove to make it 13-0.

BYU then answered, but FSU gets a good kickoff return and answers back.  It becomes apparent that BYU's defense can't stop FSU (because they don't play defense in the Mountain West).

FSU keeps scoring and BYU answers to 14 points, but after FSU makes it 27-14 BYU fumbles a kickoff return and ends up down 30-14.

So in the second half we see a flustered Max Hall that is trying to lead his team back from a huge deficit.  The first interception made it 37-14.  The last two picks were in the fourth when the game was in hand and Hall was really forcing it to try to get something going.

If BYU had a defense and didn't fumble then things may have been different, but the fumbles early prevented BYU from responding and their defense couldn't hold down FSU.  I do think we have a better defense than BYU, so we'll see if we can get some stops.

+ 1

Watched the first half of the Noles/BYU game last night.  Their secondary is turrible.  I like our chances...if BJ can get hold of his emotions.  We play solid, good defense and error-free football, I bullieve we win.

Archived