• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In BJ we trust

DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

This is just bad form at best.  Regardless of how you feel about Daniels or Grothe.  

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I kind of wish Landi had gotten some reps in the 4th with this being our last tune-up game. God forbid Matt has a season ending injury and B.J. were to go out with even the most minor of injuries.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

this has Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady writtten all over it. (not to that extent but you get it)

wish grothe a speedy recovery, but im excited to say the least.

we all know grothe could have his dismal conference games and back us into a magic bowl or something and leavitt would never make the switch. 

i understand your point, and dont disagree with it, but this is not the time or place to say something like that.

yeah no ****. i'm with FLSF83 100% on this one.

i'm excited and confident about BJ, but looking good against the worst team on our schedule in a game that was already decided when he took over is no reason to ******* celebrate.

and this is certainly not the time to badmouth Matt with all that "backing into a magic bowl" talk.

you can talk up BJ without talking down Matt, especially at a time like this.

"backing into a magic bowl"  bad mouth or fact?  im just saying.  who is celebrating?  

we may not make a bowl with daniels, but im all about the new.  and from what i seen of this kid (not only vs charleston) i like his game.  thats it.  

there are limitations with with grothe that i dont see with daniels, yet.  

very sensitive and quick to assume, you guys make sure you stay in florida your whole lives

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I kind of wish Landi had gotten some reps in the 4th with this being our last tune-up game. God forbid Matt has a season ending injury and B.J. were to go out with even the most minor of injuries.

He may not have been 100%.

• Content Count:  1,797

So Bruce, I guess football is not a team game and Matt is solely responsible for the conference games we have lost to 'back into the magicjack bowls?'  Interesting.  I always thought that the offensive line had a lot to do with an offense's success.  Receivers and offensive coordinator's too.  Interesting view of history you have their bud.

Normal

• Content Count:  133

The most blame over the past few seasons should be directed at Gregory and his horrible play calling.....

+1...  I for one am going to miss Grothe and that frantic roll out TD passing that goes with him.

• Content Count:  1,204

I'm not happy to see Grothe out for the season, but I'm not despairing either.

I am excited to see Daniels, though I had hoped it would be gradually throughout the season as Leavitt had implied he would do to give him experience.  I thought we'd see plenty of him last night even without the injury as the game was in hand.

Definitely would prefer Grothe's experience.

He's made some poor decisions, but he's not to blame for the midseason meltdowns.  He made mistakes largely trying to pick the team up and prevent the meltdowns, forcing throws, etc.  But things were already falling apart.

For one, Gregory's offense WAS pathetic, predictable, and easy to read. 

The defense also didn't hold up its share down the stretch.

And it was these things that forced Grothe to try to take the team up on his shoulders, but one guy can't always lift up the dozens of other guys.  And with Greg Gregory calling plays he was limited. 

I think Grothe was looking good under Canales system.  Remember that sometimes you can be a bit less cautious against teams like WKU, Wofford, and Charleston Southern because you know the talent level alone means you'll eventually outman them... usually. 

I'll miss Grothe, but I'm not panicking with Daniels and I do think that Daniels can be better than Grothe in the long term, but Grothe helped get USF into the top ten TWICE.  He and Selvie helped to accelerate this program's growth as we were able to steal both from under the noses of other state schools. 

My only regret is that Grothe didn't get to fill in for Julmiste earlier.  We would've won more games.

• Content Count:  6,502

Unfortunately now that Matt is out for the season we as fans need to get behind BJ to carry our team the BE championship.

Remeber BJ is a completely different oindividual from Matt and will play differently...but he is now the field general.

Good luck to BJ.

To Mastt sorry about your injury...just stay positive and lean on God.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

bj daniels threw some near-interceptions last night. that will work against IAA but not florida state away. he needs to polish off that decision making. scrambling and screen, with occasional deep passes are his strengths. if he keeps his poise and calm in florida state, i have tons of confidence

Are you sure? FSU secondary has looked pretty 1aa the first 2 games this year. They stepped up last game, but they were pumped up playing a ranked team. They see us as a FIU of FAU game, a speed bump.

Archived