• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In BJ we trust

DC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

I love Grothe as much as anyone else on here but I don't think we will be taking a step back if BJ is the starter for a while.  I know Grothe has had tons of great games, but you can't help but think of the BAD ones he has had. Purely from a passing standpoint his TD/INT ratio is 50/44. Just look at the WVU, Cincy, Louisville, and Rutgers games from last year; they were Grothe's worst games. They are all past Big East champions.  If we want to win this conference we must be able to beat those teams. We all know Grothe can run, but BJ can too, and from what we've seen BJ is better at it.  If BJ can protect the ball I believe he will be very successful this season.

That being said, I would still love to see Grothe come back in a month or two and take back his starting job. He has earned it and he deserves to go out on top. 

Purely from a football standpoint I feel we are in good hands with BJ Daniels.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,483
  • Days Won:  13

I love Grothe as much as anyone else on here but I don't think we will be taking a step back if BJ is the starter for a while.  I know Grothe has had tons of great games, but you can't help but think of the BAD ones he has had. Purely from a passing standpoint his TD/INT ratio is 50/44. Just look at the WVU, Cincy, Louisville, and Rutgers games from last year; they were Grothe's worst games. They are all past Big East champions.  If we want to win this conference we must be able to beat those teams. We all know Grothe can run, but BJ can too, and from what we've seen BJ is better at it.  If BJ can protect the ball I believe he will be very successful this season.

That being said, I would still love to see Grothe come back in a month or two and take back his starting job. He has earned it and he deserves to go out on top. 

Purely from a football standpoint I feel we are in good hands with BJ Daniels.

agree 100%.... On leadership and experience Grothe def has the edge, however on talent I think BJ has the edge.

THIS SEASON IS NOT OVER..... Now if something happens to BJ we are in trouble.

BJ needs to stay healthy

bj daniels threw some near-interceptions last night. that will work against IAA but not florida state away. he needs to polish off that decision making. scrambling and screen, with occasional deep passes are his strengths. if he keeps his poise and calm in florida state, i have tons of confidence

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

this has Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady writtten all over it. (not to that extent but you get it)

wish grothe a speedy recovery, but im excited to say the least.

we all know grothe could have his dismal conference games and back us into a magic bowl or something and leavitt would never make the switch. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,483
  • Days Won:  13

this has Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady writtten all over it. (not to that extent but you get it)

we all know grothe could have his dismal conference games and back us into a magic bowl or something and leavitt would never make the switch. 

i understand your point, and dont disagree with it, but this is not the time or place to say something like that.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Funny you should say that...with Grothe we were pretty much a lock for a bowl...if BJ isn't the savior all you people seem to think he is, we may find ourselves at home during bowl season. We're far from Bowl eligible. What games are we "guaranteed" to win? Unless BJ looks like the second coming of Pat Julmiste, we will certainly be favored against UL and Cuse, otherwise, if he isn't great, we may not be favored in any other games this year...still need 4 wins to be bowl eligible...

• Content Count:  5,245

i understand your point, and dont disagree with it, but this is not the time or place to say something like that.

yeah no ****. i'm with FLSF83 100% on this one.

i'm excited and confident about BJ, but looking good against the worst team on our schedule in a game that was already decided when he took over is no reason to ******* celebrate.

and this is certainly not the time to badmouth Matt with all that "backing into a magic bowl" talk.

you can talk up BJ without talking down Matt, especially at a time like this.

i dont get it...not like im saying im happy or anything close to that, that grothe got hurt, but to be completely honest I am overly excited to see Daniels play.  personally he is the guy i wanted to have start in the first place and knew even if he was more talented, wouldnt.  Im tired of hearing about "dont forget the auburn and wva wins".  i remember them vividly and were some of the most excited times for usf football, but i also believe IMO grothe has peaked and would not get us where we all ultmately want to be.  BE CHamps.  

Listen, Grothe put USF football on the map, and my comment says nothing bad about it but my opinion.  and sorry if you dont agree, but like i said I wish Grothe a speedy recovery, but I cant wait to watch thsi kid Daniels play and feel he can bring us to at least where grothe has and possible farther in his first year.  thats it.  

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

i dont get it...not like im saying im happy or anything close to that,

i dont get it...not like im saying im happy or anything close to that,

Right im excited to see daniels play, but im not happy grothe got hurt...wow you guys are soft.

Archived