• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Dosen't look good"- Chris Grothe

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i've been critical of Matt when he's made mistakes, and haven't been as high on him as others on this forum and around Bull Nation...

but this program owes the majority of its recent success, competitiveness and rapid growth in terms of national stature and recruiting to Matt and where he's taken this program.

as great as i believe BJ will ultimately become, there is nobody on this team i'd rather have taking snaps than Matt.

he deserves to go out on a high note, and i pray that his last snap as a Bull will not be the one he took last night against Charleston Southern.

if nothing else, he should be given a Willis Reed moment at the Miami game [senior night] and take the first snap, even if it's only a hand-off to one of the RB's.

prayers and best wishes to Matt and the whole Grothe family.

one of the best to ever wear the green and gold.

:gobulls

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Listening to Leavit in the car ride back last night, it just sounded like he thought his season was done as well.  He was talking about how great of a player he was, how it broke his heart... Of course he also said he didn't know anything yet and that he didn't want to speculate - but it was impossible to listen to him and think that the preliminary guesses the trainers gave him were not very good.  Obviously we all are hoping for the best, very unfortunate way for such a competitor to end his career at USF.

If he has played his last down, I think all of USF nation owes him a great thank you for what he has done to move our football program to the next level.  Matt is an exciting player to watch.

It's absolutely heartbreaking.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Spoke to a few players last night... By last night no MRI was done.

He is NOT playing against FSU GUARANTEED.

None of them explicitly said he was done for the year but they said hes out at least a few weeks... lots of pain.

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

That tackle just looked akward and awful.    

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Didn't Leavitt say on 970 last night that the MRI will be done on Monday?

I thought so, however Chris had a previous status that he was heading to Tampa now for the MRI this am.... Maybe offical results are Monday? Faza how does that work?

So, two things have to happen. The MRI has to get done, and somebody has to read it. Depending on who owns the MRI machine (they are usually owned by hospitals but there are some private radiologists that have one in an outpatient office), one could be done on a Sunday. A private radiologist could come into their office and use it whenever they want, although they would also probably need to pay techs to come in and some other operational costs that are usually not cost-effective to do for one MRI. Also, large hospitals basically have to have one operational 24/7 because of what can come through the ER (strokes, injuries, etc).

Once you find access to an MRI machine, the results can be read "unofficially" right away - a radiologist can sit there are look it over quickly. Usually, there is a preliminary report, when somebody does that quickly (like in an ER setting to determine results that are time-sensitive), and then a final report, when a radiologist sits down and really goes through the entire MRI, piece by piece, and makes sure he records every little thing. Something as large-scale as a knee ligament can usually be seen right away, although sometimes there are tricks to reading it that you have to take more time with. It's possible that Matt's basic MRI results could already be known, if indeed he got his MRI already this morning.

• Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Leffers probably still has access to the MRI at FOI.....I cannot see Gasser or Sanders not letting him in with Grothe.....They have a radiologist who can read it...also, if they did it at UCH or Morsani they can email the MRI to the on-call guy or do it at TGH where they have one 24-7 as a part of the Level 1 status....they can get results today is my point I guess

• Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

I asked his brother and he said the MRI was done this am

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

and it didn't look good?

• Content Count:  17,453
  • Days Won:  13

and it didn't look good?

thats what he said on facebook, it has since been deleted.

• Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

and it didn't look good?

thats what he said on facebook, it has since been deleted.

I saw it too. This sucks!

Archived