• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

US 19 or I-75 to FSU from USF campus?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

take i75 to i10 and watch for cops past gainesville

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I've taken both ways multiple times.

From New Port Richey the drive is about the same (withing 10-15 minutes).  No real difference.

From USF, the drive will probably take about 30-40 minutes longer on 19, but it really depends on what kind of driving you want to do.  It's a more laid back trip up 19, and it runs you strait into Tally.

I prefer to drive like a bat out of hell so I would take I-75 to I-10, but when we leave from my wife's parents house in New Port Richey we'd always take 19, just because we were right there.

Also, if you take 19, watch out for speed traps when the speed limit drops rapidly.  Trust me.  They'll know about the surge of traffic (aka revenue) coming up it for the game.

It's really not a bad trip.  Haev fun at the game!

• Content Count:  2,523

I've made the trip from the tampa bay area to Panama City probably more times than anyone on this board and I can tell you that I-75 is the only way to go if you're thinking about total drive time.  Even cruising at 80 to stay safe from the State Troopers you'll still come out way ahead than US19.  Going on US19, you increase your chance of getting a ticket substantially.  Almost every drop of speed limit in those towns is watched.  Way worse than the Gville and just before you get into Tally traps.  Not too mention crazy crap always is happening on that "short cut".  I've seen everything from loose cattle, horses, funerals, festivals etc totally lock up sections and THERE ARE NO GO AROUNDS.  At least on I-75, you can get around most messes pretty easily.  I-75 may be boring as anything, but for an extra 2 gallons of gas you'll be able to save 30 minutes to an hour at the very least you can use in Tally...

• Content Count:  508
  • Days Won:  1

Looks like no one wants to stop an dhang out in Perry, Florida?  While "Old Florida" is great... I would take 75

• Content Count:  4,738

take i75 to i10 and watch for cops past gainesville

madison county is worse

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

It really depends where you are starting from. If you are going from near campus, I-75 is the way to go. I am coming from New Port Richey and would have to back track 25-30 minutes just to get to I-75, so it doesn't make much sense for me to take that way. I am only 4 or 5 miles or so from US 19, so it is more convenient to take that way. Regardless which way you go, make sure you are flying your USF car flags and drive safely! Go Bulls!!!

• Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

I live in north Pinellas, and I've honestly never made the trip to Tally.  I was just repeating what I was told by several people in my area who had travelled there.  They said take 19.  Now you guys have me thinking.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I live in north Pinellas, and I've honestly never made the trip to Tally.  I was just repeating what I was told by several people in my area who had travelled there.  They said take 19.  Now you guys have me thinking.

It really just depends how you want to travel.  US-19 will have less traffic, but it's a bit slower.

I-75 and I-10 can get bogged down with traffic at times and I waited for 3 hours at the I-10 - I-75 Junction because of a crazy accident one time.

I'd say if your right at 19, then just take it. If you at USF or just off I-75, then take that.

And dont leave at 5 PM on Friday or your bound to wait in traffic either way.

• Content Count:  791
  • Days Won:  3

Contrarian that I am, I'm going up 19.  I-75 is too boring.  Once you get past Crystal River there are only about 5 "blinking yellow light" towns to slow down in.  US 19 in Dixie county isn't like US 19 in Clearwater--you can make good time. I'll drive my pickup and bring my fake Jeff Davis driver license just in case I get pulled over!  If you are driving a fancy sports car or a hippie van, you better take I-75. 

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

If you live right next to I-75 then take I-75... If you live right next to US19 then take US19...

I live between both and will take I-75 up and take US19 back for the scenery...

Archived